ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
OverRev
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F22 M235i

Front Lip and Rear Spoiler for E85 Z4

Hi, i just recently bought a Z4 3.0i, and i have planning to get a front lip and rear spoiler for it. i did a search online and found that there aint too many choices for the car and i believe i will just go for the VeilSide front lip, or does anyone know any other good looking one available for less then $1000US?

besides, i wanna get either the AC or Hamman rear spoiler, personally i think the Hamann looks better but it seems to require some holes to be drill on the trunk lip for the installation, but the AC one is just peal and stick-on with 3M double sided tape. does anyone have experience installaing these spoilers? or any other recommandations?

thanks for any information and help.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
Rolitto
Second Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW

Welcome to the board.

Hamann is nice but expensive. You can find very similar Hamann-look spoilers but with different materials at eBay.com. Just type BMW Z4 spoiler and check the results. I hope I have been of any help.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
OverRev
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F22 M235i

Thx, I think both Hamann n eBay copy are the same desire, and probably require some drilling for installation.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
strokeZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3 6MT

Do yourself a huge favor and don't buy the knock offs. Hamann makes excellent stuff and its made of a similar material to OEM. The knock offs are FRP or some other kinda crap that will crack in a heartbeat. I tried the knock off side skirts and they came damaged, would not fit, and needed mods to sit correctly. I ended up eating the cost of the knock offs and getting the Hamann skirts instead - was a perfect OEM fitment.

Have you considered the BMW OEM Aero-bumper? You can get it for under $1000 in primer.
Appreciate 0