ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Update on Z4MC repair and thoughts on VMR718's/F1's

So as most of you already know my baby is in the shop getting repaired after my recent accident. At this point they are going to be repairing it - the damage has exceeded >$10k but not enough damage or significant irreparable frame damage for the insurance company to call it a total loss. I will be eventually upgrading to another car in the next year - but plan to keep the M for as long as it lasts because it is such a great car.

There was damage to the front wheels and tires and will be cashing out the value of this to put towards some new wheels and tires. Right now I am looking at the 19" VMR 718's with eagle F1's. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Also been having a hard time deciding what would look good on a silver gray coupe: Hypersilver vs. Gunmetal vs. The Matte black http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350646

I did some searches and found a pic of hypersilver (can't find the link) and gunmetal (courtesy quickfast's post http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370091) on a silver gray coupe but have not been able to find the matte black. So if anyone has any pics they could post or thoughts that would be great! TIA.

P.S. - I had also been considering getting the carbon fiber top as well and wonder if I did that then the matte black wheels would be better?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

If you are going to sell the car in the next year. Get the stock whees, and roof. You will have a much easier time selling the car.

Also, the VMR's are going to be heavy and change your cars handling. Wouldn't do it, and especially not if selling in a year.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
If you are going to sell the car in the next year.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I have no plans of selling/trading in the M. I love it to much to get rid of it.

I found these listed as the OEM wheel weights:
Front = 24.75
Rear = 25.88

The VMR's are listed at 25 & 25.5 lbs. If these are accurate I wouldn't think it would make much difference?

Last edited by DocRiSK; 05-10-2010 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
wildag
///M'n it Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Also, the VMR's are going to be heavy and change your cars handling. Wouldn't do it, and especially not if selling in a year.
Sure the 19" wheels would be heavier. But that has nothing to do with them being VMRs.

I have 18" VMR CSL replicas, and they're great. Weigh no more than stock and came straight from VMR at a VERY reasonable price.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Good to hear! I think black wheels would look good if you had 1-2 other black accents on your car such as the lip.

Otherwise I think gunmetal is usually a good choice
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0