ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Dyno Day Pre-Registration
Yes, I will be there! 2 100.00%
No, Sorry I can't make it 0 0%
I would go if it where on Sunday, May 3, 2009 0 0%
I wish I could go but I live too far away 0 0%
I would like to be a "Jersey Roadster" tell me more 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

02-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

Jersey Roadster: 1st Annual Dyno Day!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of your voting! The Jersey Roadsters will be hosting a dyno day at Crazy Horse Racing (no affiliation with the shop) on May 2, 2009. I hope everyone that voting comes out to join us read further for details.

1st Annual Jersey Roadster Dyno Day

Please select one of the options above to pre-register for the event (needed for headcount to reserve dyno).

Date: May 2, 2009
Time: Starts at 9:00 AM / Ends at 5:00 PM
100 Main Street, South Amboy, NJ 08879, Telephone: 732-553-9050
Directions: Google Directions
Weather: Nrml Avg: 58°F / High: 67°F / Low: 49°F

Primary Cars Invited:
  • BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky
  • All others are welcome to come as well (even non roadsters).

(Moderators the price is informational only. I do not have association with the garage, I do not collect the money nor do I make money off of this event. It is entirely for the purpose of offering a great deal to a group of members that may either want a dyno run and/or be interested in calling themselves “Jersey Roadsters”. If there are issues with this post please private message me and I will make appropriate corrections.)
Cost for RWD/FWD Vehicles: $50 for 3 pulls + (Optional) $25 for air fuel ratio
Cost for AWD Vehicles: $100 for 3 pulls includes air fuel ration.
To support AWD we need about 50 cars to pre-register. This is because a second dyno will be transported to the location which supports AWD setup. This will also allow two cars to be tested at the same time

For your assistance here are some photos to the location of the event:
From the sky:

From the road:

Other Items
Things I would like to do to help out with this event and make it more enjoyable:
  1. Create flyers to invite people we meet on the street. Any artistic members that would be interested in working with me to create a flyer?
  2. Create a video of the invent for us all to enjoy. Any videographers, even photographers, that wouldn’t mind helping out and sending me their shots after the event? How about any video editors that would like to assist splicing film together? Audiophiles that would like to supply soundtracks?
  3. Feed everyone. Food is not included, however if I can get an idea of who would still be around during noon time I can figure out a way to get food there and maybe everyone can help chip in to pay for it. Maybe I can ask the dyno shop if he would help too since I’m sure they also would like to eat and I know we will give him a bunch of business.
  4. There will be a sign in sheet which offers a first come first serve shot at the dyno. So I recommend coming early to sign up. The priority will be roadsters (which we will classify as any 2 seater car for arguments sake [the convertible requirement will be left out for this event]) then any other car that shows up can go on. I just want to get as many prospective members to go first.
  5. I also would like to keep a list of owners, cars, hp, tq and make a chart to show top to bottom. I will split it by platform, power train and all together. So I ask please after your run to share the information with me.

A combined tally will be updated once a week on Friday's leading up to the event.

If you have any comments or questions in relation to this event feel free to post them here and I will try to answer your questions best I can.

I look forward to seeing everyone there and as we get closer to the event I would like to setup a cruise to the shop, and I will give you a phone number to contact me at.

Thanks again and you will hear from me every week on Fridays!
2005 BMW K 1200 S
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

I am very sorry that I have not been around. There was a family emergency and I did not have much access to the computer for me to pull everything together and give updates.

So far we have 10 people registered as coming to the dyno day. I was really hoping for a larger initial response based on all the activity from the other polls I was running. Some people have already let me know why they can not make it. Can others let me know what the conflict is?

Here are the current standings:
10 Members Will Attend
3 Members Can Not Attend
3 Members Would Attend If It Was On Sunday
2 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer
1 Member Would Like To Know More About “Jersey Roadsters”

Here are the forums included:
  • BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR (If anybody has an account here feel free to start your own poll for me I know it would be great to have them come as well)
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky
Are there other platforms (or forums) that people believe I should add to the group?

Thanks to everyone that has responded so far. Last time we had almost 100 people vote and as of right now we have 18. I’m sure the numbers will go up but if you see people you think would come and have not signed up yet tell them to click Yes in here. 20 people lock us in for the day at my negotiated rate, 50 people get us a second dyno with AWD. If you know others that do not belong to the forum and would like to join let me know, or let me know their platform and I will tell you where the post is on their forum.

You will hear from me again soon (9 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

We are up to 13 people registered as coming to the dyno day. Only 7 more to go to get locked in with the deal.

13 Members Will Attend
5 Members Can Not Attend
2 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer
1 Member Would Like To Know More About “Jersey Roadsters”

• BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR (If anybody has an account here feel free to start your own poll for me I know it would be great to have them come as well)
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky
Are there other platforms (or forums) that people believe I should add to the group?

Keep the pre-registration coming!

You will hear from me again soon (8 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

We are up to 15 people registered as coming to the dyno day. Only 5 more to go to get locked in with the deal.

15 Members Will Attend
7 Members Can Not Attend
3 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer
2 Member Would Like To Know More About “Jersey Roadsters”

• BMW Z3/Z4 (Roadster/Coupe)
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

You will hear from me again soon (7 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Friday, March 27, 2009 I will be contacting the dyno shop. We needed 25 pre-registrations by this date to approve the AWD dyno availability (it is a portable dyno being transported to location). We also need 20 pre-registrations to lock in the 50% price discount that I was granted. So if anybody needs an AWD dyno please let me know so I can discuss with the shop possibilities to keep it being delivered. The 20 pre-registrations do not need to be met until the end of April, so we are ok there. If you know people interested please tell them to post it here. I am using the poll as a head count so make sure to update it.

On a second note the 4 rendition of Fast and the Furious is being released in theatres soon. There is a release party in New Brunswick on that Friday and Saturday. I will be racing that Saturday so I can only make Friday. Is anybody interested in meeting up on Friday at that theatre to say hi, show off our rides, and see the movie? If so let me know and we can all pick a viewing time to meet up.

We are still at 15 people registered as coming to the dyno day. Only 5 more to go to get locked in with the deal.

15 Members Will Attend
8 Members Can Not Attend
4 Members Would Attend If It Was On Sunday
4 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer
3 Member Would Like To Know More About “Jersey Roadsters”

• Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

You will hear from me again soon (6 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfesta2009 View Post

Audi TT?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpapa View Post
Audi TT?
Good suggestion I forgot about those. Are they AWD/RWD/FWD? Do you know of a good forum for me to post on to raise interest?

Thanks,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

some are FWD and some are AWD.

you can post in the MK1 TT and MK2 TT forums here: http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeromain?id=61 (just choose that forum)

or on audiworld here: http://forums.audiworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 (MK1) and http://forums.audiworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120 (MK2)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

I called the dyno shop today and we are good to go for May 2, 2009 having a dyno event. Only thing is that 2WD vehicles only, sorry for anyone AWD. If this impacts you please let me know. Remember I am using the polls as a head count so please keep them up to date.

As for the 4th rendition of Fast and the Furious here is the poser for the event:

I only received one post back about this. I will most likely be at the 8:00 PM showing. If an interest is raised with in this week before Thursday we can set something up but as of right now it is possible that I will go to a local theatre, as I don’t need to be driving an hour just to see this movie if I don’t know anyone else there.

We are up to 18 people registered as coming to the dyno day. Keep your pre-registration coming I’m excited to see everyone there.

18 Members Will Attend
8 Members Can Not Attend
5 Members Would Attend If It Was On Sunday
5 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer

• Audi TT
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

You will hear from me again soon (5 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
NJREDZ06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4, 2004 545i, 2004 MCS

Garage List
2008 Z4  [7.00]
2008 Z4  [8.00]
2008 Z4 3.0i  [4.00]
Be wary of Chris W and Crazy Horse. He started with Mustangs and has a very very bad rep in the Muscle car community. search every Mustang board on this shop before you put your BMW or other car in his hands.

If you google Crazy Horse NJ - you will see all the grief this shop has caused it's customers.
      04-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

I'm not sure what greif you are talking about. I do know there are many rumors about his shop all because of 1 neon that broke lose and moved all of 1 foot before shutting down. The reason it broke lose because of a modification to the car that left the underbody rough instead of smooth and shaking of the car on the dyno eventually cut through the strap, after multiple runs during tuning. This is an abnormal event. I have also run other dyno events at this shop for different platforms and we have never had any problems at all. And trust me when I say there were cars both FWD and RWD that have put out more HP and TQ than any car that will show up to the event on May 2nd. At the least though as I have been saying if you don't want to dyno your car feel free to show up and enjoy the good time of meeting people and having fun.
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

I was at my grandfather’s funeral on Friday so this past week’s update is coming out on Monday. I hope everyone that went to see the F&F4 enjoyed it.

We are still at 18 pre-registrations. Remember the goal is a total of 20 or more cars to actually show up.

18 Members Will Attend
10 Members Can Not Attend
5 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer

• Audi TT
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

Keep the pre-registration coming! As an update this dyno day is available to all cars on these forums. The ones listed above are the priority, however any coupes, sedans, etc. are more than welcome to come and test out their performance as well.

You will hear from me again soon (4 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

We hope you all had a happy Easter. We now have 19 pre-registrations.

Starting next week we will review the screen names of who is coming. For now we are going to show you our counts as to which platforms how many have said they will come:
1 – BMW Z4
6 – Honda S2000
1 – Mercedes SLK
3 – Nissan 300ZX
1 – Nissan 350Z
3 – Pontiac Solstice
4 – Saturn Sky

19 Members Will Attend
10 Members Can Not Attend
7 Members Would Attend If They Lived Closer

• Audi TT
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky
Are there other platforms (or forums) that people believe we should add to the group?

To help increase the numbers can you let me know what we can offer to help entice you to come? There will be a sign in sheet and we will be keeping track of HP & TQ and we will compare it to stock output and post a top 10 results of who had the highest percentage increase. We’re also planning a next event that will be announced during this event. And like we said this is a great way to meet people, have fun, and hang out. So if there is something you would like to be there: food, music, photos, video, etc. let us know and we can try to set it up with in the next three weeks.

Keep the pre-registration coming! As an update this dyno day is available to all cars on these forums. The ones listed above are the priority, however any coupes, sedans, etc. are more than welcome to come and test out their performance as well.

You will hear from us again soon (3 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

I have gone through the list and found all unique users pre-registered and counted 17:

User•••••••••••••••Forum••••••••••Cars
mbfesta2009••••••••All Forums••••••••1
ernestz300z••••••••300zxClub•••••••••1
jdubs••••••••••••••300zxClub•••••••••1
JZee32•••••••••••••300zxClub•••••••••1
UMW350Z••••••••••••My350Z••••••••••••1
SORS2000•••••••••••S2000•••••••••••••1
Eclat520•••••••••••s2Kca•••••••••••••1
kels_2k••••••••••••S2Ki••••••••••••••4
Elff•••••••••••••••SkyRoadster•••••••1
kwayne•••••••••••••SkyRoadster•••••••1
Tamay48••••••••••••SkyRoadster•••••••1
got_power55••••••••SLKWorld••••••••••1
kennysabarese••••••SkyRoadster•••••••1
tintboy••••••••••••Zpost•••••••••••••1
•••••••••••••••••••Total:•••••••••••17

If your name is on this list and you have changed your mind about showing up please let me know so I can take your name off.
If you will be bringing more than yourself please let me know so I can update the counts.
If you are not on the list please click the Yes vote poll at the top of this forum.

You will hear from us again soon (2 weeks to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Nobody new has joined the pre-registration. We have 16 cars registered to participate. Everyone is more than welcome to come and hang out. We were hoping for a stronger response but that’s ok we will still make the best of it. By next Friday we will post a cell phone number that you will be able to contact us at.

We are sending a private message to all pre-registered users just to make sure you are still interested and did not forget about the event. Please respond to us so we can make sure to mark you on the list when we talk to the owner of the shop we can tell him an accurate number.

The event will have a registration form that those who pre-registered can mark themselves down on, and the rest can just add themselves to.
Please come back to us with your highest HP/TQ numbers after your runs so we can create a log and post a Top 10 Jersey Roadster’s dyno results.
There will be video of the event and we will post a link to youtube when it is completed.
We will also be taking photos and will post up links for these as well.

Thanks to all those who have registered already and we have one week to go so please if you would like to come let us know now.

Current weather forecast:

Saturday, May 2, 2009
High: 71F / RealFeel: 71F
Mostly Cloudy with a shower in the afternoon

You will hear from us again soon (8 days to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

We have 2 new registrations!
We have 7 confirmations!
That leaves 8 members still to respond with confirmation. Please respond with your status.

Remember this is open to all 2WD Vehicles. Roadsters, Convertibles, Coupes, Sedans, SUVs, Trucks if you have a vehicle you want to dyno bring it on over.

The Jersey Roadster’s is an organization focused toward roadsters; if you are interested please see us during the event. If you don’t have a roadster you are more than welcome to join if you are looking for a group to hang out with, you are more than welcome to see us too.

Cell phone number will be posted on May 1st as well as a reminder of the location and directions.

The event will have a registration form that those who pre-registered can mark themselves down, and the rest will continue adding on.
Please come back to us with your highest HP/TQ numbers after your runs so we can create a log and post a Top 10 Jersey Roadster’s dyno results.
There will be video of the event and we will post a link to YouTube when it is completed.
We will also be taking photos and will post up links for these as well.

Thanks to all those who have registered already and we have a few days to go so please if you would like to come let us know now.

Saturday, May 2, 2009
High: 69F / RealFeel: 65F
Mainly cloudy and breezy with a thunderstorm possible

You will hear from us again soon (5 days to go!),
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #17
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Ok the numbers are dropping fast and this is not the original anticipation. Because of this going forward we will have to collect cash ahead of time as we will be out for the difference.

We have 7 confirmed and we NEED 8 more to keep the price! Please find anyone you can to come out. Also if you have not clicked above to join remember to do that now.

Here is our cell phone number to contact us during the event: 908-902-7528. The number will only be active during Saturday, May 2, 2009 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM. If you need to speak with us before that send a private message through the forum.

The event begins at 9:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM. You can call our phone if you are on your way and want to make sure it is still going on (for late comers), or if you get lost for directions.

Here are the details again:
1st Annual Jersey Roadster Dyno Day
Date: May 2, 2009
Time: Starts at 9:00 AM / Ends at 5:00 PM
100 Main Street, South Amboy, NJ 08879, Telephone: 732-553-9050
Directions: Google Directions

8AM: 60F Mostly Cloudy
9AM: 60F Mostly Cloudy
10AM: 61F Mostly Cloudy
11AM: 62F Mostly Cloudy
Noon: 64F Mostly Cloudy
1PM: 64F Rain
2PM: 64F Mostly Cloudy
3PM: 65F Cloudy
4PM: 65F Cloudy
5PM: 64F Cloudy
6PM: 62F Rain

You will hear from us again soon (2 days to go!),

Disclaimer: $50 dyno rate was for 20 cars and will be held for as low as 15 cars. $75 dyno rate applies for only 7 cars showing.
Keep in mine 7 cars have confirmed and 14 are pre-registered. Some others have said they may or may not come or dyno which could make the difference.
Do not let this scare you away, we just need to post it incase only 7 cars show up.
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0