ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #45
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4R E85 2.2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMN View Post
Is it just plug and play with the steering wheel? Or is it much modifications? Nice car anyway
It's really plug and play. Noted last night that the buttons on the steering wheel light up too :-)
      02-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #46
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
i do like your enthusiasm for joining the zed community

i think the quad setup looks great

your car looks clean, apart from needing a drop and immediate removal of that M badge.
The M-badge is already gone but don't have proper pics yet.
And a drop as well as another front bumper are on the list ;-)
      02-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #47
SIMN
Private
Rep
Drives: 3.0si Sapphire Black Coupe

Nice! I wanna do that with mine also, where did u buy the steering wheel? and what do you mean by "remap" an get 15 more hp? You mean like chip it? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #48
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Nice! I wanna do that with mine also, where did u buy the steering wheel? and what do you mean by "remap" an get 15 more hp? You mean like chip it? thanks
Yes, a remap = chiptuning, remapping the original chip but also the throttle response was adapted. That last thing really made a difference. Now I just need to remove the clutch delay valve and/or install a clutch stop for smoother driving. Better brakes wouldn't be a luxury either.

I bought the steering wheel from another forum member on Z4-forum.com. But you can actually mod the original steering wheel if you have the adapted spokes and buttons alone, there are some on Ebay, but a little expensive imo. i got my MSFW foor 200 euro including postage and it is really in very good condition.
      02-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #49
SIMN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Pritt

Yes, a remap = chiptuning, remapping the original chip but also the throttle response was adapted. That last thing really made a difference. Now I just need to remove the clutch delay valve and/or install a clutch stop for smoother driving. Better brakes wouldn't be a luxury either.

I bought the steering wheel from another forum member on Z4-forum.com. But you can actually mod the original steering wheel if you have the adapted spokes and buttons alone, there are some on Ebay, but a little expensive imo. i got my MSFW foor 200 euro including postage and it is really in very good condition.
Yea, they want at least 400 euro to remap my z4 here back home and i think that it is to expensive for only 10-15 hp. Will you feel any difference btw 190 hp and 200? Okey i Will look after a steering wheel here then, i can buy the buttons and all chrome details for 280 euro, and fit it to My Old steering wheel, worth the money or i should look for a used one?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #50
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yea, they want at least 400 euro to remap my z4 here back home and i think that it is to expensive for only 10-15 hp. Will you feel any difference btw 190 hp and 200? Okey i Will look after a steering wheel here then, i can buy the buttons and all chrome details for 280 euro, and fit it to My Old steering wheel, worth the money or i should look for a used one?
I paid 450 for the remap, you won't feel the power difference, but you will feel the difference in the throttle reponse.

You canbuy the buttons separately and if your steering wheel is still good, it's worth the effort. But I found 280 euro for that alone a little expensive. It's really all down to what you find it worth.
      02-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #51
SIMN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Pritt View Post
I paid 450 for the remap, you won't feel the power difference, but you will feel the difference in the throttle reponse.

You canbuy the buttons separately and if your steering wheel is still good, it's worth the effort. But I found 280 euro for that alone a little expensive. It's really all down to what you find it worth.

I see, then i skip remapping mine, sport-button ftw yea i will keep looking for the buttons, if anyone sees this and wanna sell a MSFW i wanna buy it! Subscribed to this thread, looking forward for more mods, keep them coming!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #52
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Don't worry, lot's more coming ;-)
      02-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #53
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

I have some wheels I can buy really cheap, M3 reps.

They are 19 inch, 9J with 245/35 Y93, tyres are still good.
They came of an E60 and I don't know the ET value of the rims...

Is it worth looking further into or will I have trouble for the front?
      02-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #54
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Guess what I just bought?

02-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #55
spr_bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 Roadster

is it a wheel?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #56
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Glad to see that wheel doesn't have the //M sticker on it. You're going to need 3 more wheels though.

Seriously, love the enthusiasm.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #57
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

nice work buddy!! like your car, and welcome to the forum
2005 z4 2.5i/// Aero front bumper, m rear bumper,08 rear lights, custom quad exhaust, matte black front grill, OEM alarm, llumar security film,m wheels, HID lights, LED interior and trunk light,Ipod integration, stubby antenna,tein s-tech springsx
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #58
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

The wheels are a staggered set, 19", CSL rep's. They will get the motorsport logo though, the wheels look a bit off without it... Anyway, I think moist Z4-owners will agree that the CSL's look great on the Zed ;-)
Next step = lowering the car and getting an aero front bumper...
      03-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #59
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
how did you achieve the 3-blink indicator? what is this comfort light module you speak of? Oh and a belated welcome loving the quad exhaust, been wanting to do that to mine. will have to go into an exhaust shop round here and ask for a quote

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #60
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point0 View Post
how did you achieve the 3-blink indicator? what is this comfort light module you speak of? Oh and a belated welcome loving the quad exhaust, been wanting to do that to mine. will have to go into an exhaust shop round here and ask for a quote
Having a 3.0 you might consider going all the way and move up the battery and get a proper double RPI :-D

Anyway, the comfort module is a chip box you can install above the footrest of the passenger (the parts come with full instructions). It's from Xcar-style and I also made a full how-to here (sorry, it's on another forum but should be accessible without log-in):
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40688
      03-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #61
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

In the meantime ordere a few new small bits for the interior. Can't mount the CSL's right aways as the rear tyres are crap tyres, so waiting to get better ones. center caps aren't good either en missing the small M-logo's... but all ordered to be sorted. :-)

Anyway, installed a small bottle holder for try-out and mounted it today:
(I didn't fix it yet, just slipped under the plastic parts)

Also mounted the AC Schnitzer pedals I ordered (reps):

Looks much fresher now!

PS: car interior cleaning planned tomorrow
      03-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #62
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

So, ordered a few more bits recently such as new leds for the fog lights (brighter ones), door pins with BMW-logo and new wheels... So far, things are not going the way I wanted it :roll: The leds I received only have 27 smd though I ordered 68 smd types, so sent a mail to the seller. The door pins seemed pretty straight-forward to fit but I was able to mess up anyway... I pushed in the new door pin on one side, it didn't go in deep enough. So figured I'd take it back off again to trim down the rubber inside the door pin, do get a better fit. When pulling of the door pin, the part you push it onto was suddenly gone... Looking at some info on this forum, it seems to be a long bar coming up from half-way the door... so will have to take the door panels of to get a better fit... Might use the opportunity to put some roofing in the doors to get rid of the tinny door sound. Doors still open and close luckily. The weels are fine, but they have the wrong tyres on the rears. The guy I bought them from, put 225/35/19 on all 4 wheels. In the front it's a perfect fit, but at the back it just looks wrong with the wheels rings sticking out way too far... After a closer look, the wheel caps all seem to be different, so ordered a set of those as well. The little M's were missing too, so ordered that as well, which I just mounted, but still waiting for the wheel caps to arrive... Monday I'm getting new tyres for the rear: Marangoni Mythos, which seems to be OK according to some forum members. All 4 wheels will be balanced and I'll mount them on the car, hoping the wheels caps will arrive soon...

03-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #63
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

New shoes fitted today!! The difference in look is amazing!

03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #64
Lightning87
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 2.5i

Ziet er goed uit/looks verry nice
      03-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #65
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep

Last edited by Bad_Pritt; 03-16-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #66
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

Dude you car is looking great!