ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #23
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately I only have a short time with Cayman, since it's not US-spec and can't be imported.

You should have no issue with emissions if you have a US-based tune and catted headers. I confirmed with my friend that his ESS supercharged Z4M passed OBD2 last year. I'd still call ESS to make sure.
Wow, that's great then, thanks for checking on that for me! I'll certainly check with ESS first though like you said as I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet in the next six months or so and force feed my ///M.

I'm really looking to see what kind of Black Friday deals there will be, either from ESS or one of their vendors (gimme 15-20% off please!).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z4M Coupe

Hit 25k, but still reserve not met. These guys must be seriously firm on the price.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Wow, that's great then, thanks for checking on that for me! I'll certainly check with ESS first though like you said as I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet in the next six months or so and force feed my ///M.

I'm really looking to see what kind of Black Friday deals there will be, either from ESS or one of their vendors (gimme 15-20% off please!).
Usually not much, its free shipping in USA or free install. Not much of a deal to pull the trigger. Would be nice if the kit finally dropped to the same price as the E46 M3 version.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #26
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Usually not much, its free shipping in USA or free install. Not much of a deal to pull the trigger. Would be nice if the kit finally dropped to the same price as the E46 M3 version.
They do have deals from time to time, but it's been a loooooong time since I've seen one. EAS did have 10% off everything just a few months ago, including superchargers. That might be the best we can do.

They really are priced too high considering how old our cars are now, knock a couple grand off the price of both kits and I'm sure they'd sell quite a few more.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #27
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

You could buy a low mileage Z4 MR and build it with VF-570/meth kit for cheaper than their reserve...
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #28
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
My one year assignment turned into two years, and I had to get a temporary car. My Z's are all too modified to pass through local customs, and then make a return trip... not to mention it would have cost me $7k to rent a car for the additional 16 months. I went to look at a 996 Turbo since it would be legal to import back into the US, but wasn't satisfied with the condition. Some of the repair bills were 5 figures lol. I saw the 987.2 Cayman S while I was at the dealer, and I've loved every second with it. I should do a comparison to the Z

I got to return home after 364 days, but the Navy wanted us to stay for another year. I had to decline because 2 years would've been too long for the kids to be away from their friends and also taxes would've kicked in on our housing and meals allowance. Plus I didn't buy anything nearly as cool as you to drive - I got a Honda Pilot to hold all the beach gear and kid stuff lol. Sold it for $2k less than I bought it for, so I was pretty happy with that considering it costs about $1500/month to rent a SUV in Hawaii.

Could you import it back as a track car?
Appreciate 0