ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2017, 12:03 AM   #1
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Jaguar F-Type

I love my M coupe. And don't plan on selling it. But I just spent a weekend in a 2014 Jaguar F-Type. I must say, I was really impressed. This was the base model at 340 hp supercharged V6. Even though it was the base model, it still sounded intoxicating. Lots of pops and crackles on lift throttle, and it shifts like a Porsche PDK, fast with a great exhaust pop between shifts. And on downshifts with the paddles it blips the throttle. So great. It's an 8 speed so you have lots of gears to shift through.

The cool thing is that all this noise can be easily quieted down just by flipping a switch. It closes the exhaust flaps and the thing goes quite. This is key for quite freeway cruising, no drone, or if you want to have a conversation or just listen to the stereo (it's great btw).

The thing also feels like your driving an exotic. People turn their heads like a Ferrari is coming. The front is very racy looking and the rear is just damn right sexy. The interior fit and finish is very nice with leather nearly everywhere.

Bottom line is that i was amazed at this car, how solid it was, and how it can transform from a quite cruiser into a loud gt3 sounding cup car so easily. So much fun. I wouldn't want to thrash it on the track, as it may be a bit too heavy. I'm sure our M cars could out handle it. It's more of a GT car.

One downside was the trunk space. I had the convertible so it was micro. I imagine the coupe would be much better.

These are in the $40-$50k range right now with 10k miles. Too steep for me right now, but maybe in a few years. I'd of course get the coupe and maybe the S or R versions. 380, 550 hp respectively. Oh and I'm still keeping my M forever.

Just thought I'd share.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
yousefnjr6157.50
      04-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Same here, I want to keep my Z4MR but looking into getting a Z4MC or F-Type coupe in a few years
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

You confirmed what I had heard before. The trunk makes the MR's look spacious... I would take a R convertible in any event. They are really nice looking cars with a great motor.
Appreciate 0