ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #45
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Bumper is used, but in good condition but I would expect anyone taking it off my hands to spend the money to recondition it as it picked up its share of nicks and scratches. And the cost of shipping would outweigh the cost for you to fix your bumper locally.
You and ChickDR are probably right on that point! Its barely noticeable, but I'm just very picky over my car so I tend to see it, while others look at me like I'm nuts to worry about it at all.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #46
dyerkes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i/SMG

Garage List
2005 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
I swapped bumpers for an M version. The advantage of the Areo is that you won't loose your fog lights. I purchased my bumper from Diokaef (great guy to deal with), had it painted for $300, and installed it myself. I had to buy a bunch of parts that weren't included with the bumper, but it probably wasn't more than another $300. The removal and installation was easy. I also did the rear bumper swap, and that was easy too except there was an additional expense to buy LED tailights, and I had to spend time re-wire the tailights to provide them 12v instead of 6v (not hard at all...just an added step).

Regards,
David
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #47
kirkpart2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

I'm swapping mine .... got the parts from Tischer for $600 and getting it painted for $160 .... not too bad IMO .... especially since I surely can't get a //M .... honestly it shouldn't be more then $800-$850 shipped, installed(do it yourself if possible) and painted ....
      02-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #48
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkpart2 View Post
I'm swapping mine .... got the parts from Tischer for $600 and getting it painted for $160 .... not too bad IMO .... especially since I surely can't get a //M .... honestly it shouldn't be more then $800-$850 shipped, installed(do it yourself if possible) and painted ....
How much was shipping on the bumper? Did you need other parts? I gotta do a search on the M bumper conversion DIY.
Appreciate 0