ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #45
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice84 View Post
Nice Car!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Congrats! Love the addition . My wife and I are looking at adding a Cayman to the family in a couple of years. You said it best, it's a dream garage for sure.

Good call on the DE. I was in your neck of the woods this weekend with friends and family. My dad lives in Folsom and we went to Thunder Hill for a track session together. What a Blast! We took my best friend and his son. My buddy is hooked and looking into buying an M coupe or a Cayman S now.
Thanks! We're really enjoying these cars!

The HPDE is the next thing we need to do. Like I said, there's no way you can (without endangering your or other's lives) experience fully what these cars can do outside of that environment. It's a good way to sharpen skills as well.

We're planning to run at Thunderhill with BMWCCA in November (did their CCC program in May). Next time you're in town let me know--cause we're in Folsom as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #46
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Thanks!

Thanks! We're really enjoying these cars!

The HPDE is the next thing we need to do. Like I said, there's no way you can (without endangering your or other's lives) experience fully what these cars can do outside of that environment. It's a good way to sharpen skills as well.

We're planning to run at Thunderhill with BMWCCA in November (did their CCC program in May). Next time you're in town let me know--cause we're in Folsom as well.
Thunderhill is a great track! I think you guys will have a lot of fun out there in November. We are planning another trip for January. I will look you up when we are in town again. My dad has an M roadster, and my best friend is looking into and M coupe or a Cayman S. We could put together a small meet of some pretty awesome cars.
      09-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #47
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
On the track, the TTS is just lipstick on the TT pig and isn't comparable to the ///M coupe. The TT-RS might as well be a brand new car and was just announced a few hours ago as coming to the states mid-2011. The TT-RS is killing everything in its league in all the comparos (and that's without the factory remap) and is really going to make next year very interesting for our segment.
the tt-rs will be an exceptional entrant into the performance two-seater coupe segment, but my feelings are mid-2011 is just too late. consider its availability in europe and asia for the last six months, and the msrp it'll likely retail for ($65k+ minimum), and suddenly the m coupes (there're plenty of low mileage examples on the market) become a pseudo-bargain.

good for us i guess!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #48
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Thunderhill is a great track! I think you guys will have a lot of fun out there in November. We are planning another trip for January. I will look you up when we are in town again. My dad has an M roadster, and my best friend is looking into and M coupe or a Cayman S. We could put together a small meet of some pretty awesome cars.
That would be a blast!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #49
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
They're rivals! When you turn off the light and leave the garage at night, do you hear metal clashing? (They're fighting.)
I've been off the board for a while but I wanted to tell you that yes, I did hear something funny the other night. When I went out, they both looked mussed and embarrassed. I think they were making out.

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #50
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

HA! Wonder what kind of babies would come of that one... :daydream:
      09-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #51
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

^ a TVR?
      09-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #52
spurto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW Z4MR

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4MR  [0.00]
The cars seem so equally matched in terms of performance and aesthetics. glad to hear they're getting along so well especially since they're considered rivals

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9055111336879#
Appreciate 0