ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #67
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
31

 
Shipkiller's Avatar
 
Drives: Me
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia Beach


Posts: 2,022
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Before I received the plate I have now, I almost went with this:

CELOX

Latin for FAST
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #68
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
67

 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit


Posts: 4,324
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
You now need to go on a Prius/hybrid hunt ... sweet plate.
Haha. I'm looking, but Metro-Detroit isn't exactly the most eco-minded area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Sweet picture! I like it!
Post up pics when you get your plate.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #69
crfine88
Colonel
46

 
crfine88's Avatar
 
Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.


Posts: 2,285
iTrader: (15)

Hey... your M badge fell off.



Plate looks good man. The blue in the plate looks like a dead match to the blue in the BMW roundel.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:09 AM   #70
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
67

 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit


Posts: 4,324
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Hey... your M badge fell off.



Plate looks good man. The blue in the plate looks like a dead match to the blue in the BMW roundel.
Haha... I'm gonna rebadge it with the blackout badge (once I give the car a complete detail). But I actually already have some ideas in my head for a few... well, you'll have to wait and see

Yeah, the color is basically identical.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #71
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
16

 
Blind32's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas TX


Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Blind32 Send a message via Yahoo to Blind32
I'm looking forward to pictures of the blackout badge and new pics
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #72
MIKe86
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 90 332is
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 18045


Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

My buddy has

DSC OFF

on his e46m. I like it, but wish I thought of it first. Wish I had E46EATR on my built e30


Anyway, was thinking

LASTRU M

for my future z4m. Good or gay? It's an idea I came up with that I like the most... referring to z4mc being the last true m car ever. e92m is a boat, new one's are FI, z4m being last real driver's car, no idrive, real steering rack/pinion, etc etc - or so they say anyway.

or

S54GASM was suggested by a buddy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #73
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
67

 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit


Posts: 4,324
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
My buddy has DSC OFF on his e46m. I like it, but wish I thought of it first. Wish I had E46EATR on my built e30


Anyway, was thinking LASTRU M for my future z4m. Good or gay? It's an idea I came up with that I like the most... referring to z4mc being the last true m car ever. e92m is a boat, new one's are FI, z4m being last real driver's car, no idrive, real steering rack/pinion, etc etc - or so they say anyway.

or S54GASM was suggested by a buddy.
I like LASTRU M, 90% of the why I bought the Z4M (without ever having driven one) was because I knew I wanted the S54 motor.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #74
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
44

 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland


Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yeah, I like LASTRU M as well... although I thought it said Last Rum at first You little drunkard.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed • 4x4 • Line-X
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #75
inTgr8r
Major General
Canada
112

 
inTgr8r's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto


Posts: 8,069
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
I like LASTRU M, 90% of the why I bought the Z4M (without ever having driven one) was because I knew I wanted the S54 motor.
^One of the main reasons that I came back.
We will never see the likes of the S54 again.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #76
MIKe86
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 90 332is
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 18045


Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
I like LASTRU M, 90% of the why I bought the Z4M (without ever having driven one) was because I knew I wanted the S54 motor.
Drove my buddy's e46 vert a long time ago for a little bit, fun motor. Test drove a z4mr around the block, didn't get to play much. Expect my future coupe to be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yeah, I like LASTRU M as well... although I thought it said Last Rum at first You little drunkard.
ha, nice. Any other idea how to write it? Only get 7 letters in PA. LSTRUE M ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^One of the main reasons that I came back.
We will never see the likes of the S54 again.
Probably because my buddy's new to him and completely stock 08 335i just put a beating on an e46m vert with headers, reflash, and exhaust (possibly an intake also). Pulled hard on him up top. All in a staight line anyway. Everybody was shocked. Maybe s54 isn't all it's cracked up to be??
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #77
inTgr8r
Major General
Canada
112

 
inTgr8r's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto


Posts: 8,069
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
.....
Probably because my buddy's new to him and completely stock 08 335i just put a beating on an e46m vert with headers, reflash, and exhaust (possibly an intake also). Pulled hard on him up top. All in a staight line anyway. Everybody was shocked. Maybe s54 isn't all it's cracked up to be??
Don't forget the e46m3 vert tips the scales at 3760 (actual weigh in)
& then there's the drivers; 6sp vs auto with paddles?

& then there's the feeling.
There is nothing on this planet that feels like the S54.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #78
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
16

 
Blind32's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas TX


Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Blind32 Send a message via Yahoo to Blind32
Ya that 335i automatic transmission is amazingly fast at shifting. I almost wouldn't mind having a 335i auto....but I'd still rather have manual
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #79
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
44

 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland


Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think LASTRU M is a good one. Having a drinking license plate isn't bad. And if someone doesn't quite get it it does look exactly like what you want it to say when you point it out!

My plate should be in in another week or two! Hate waiting 3 weeks after ordering, I am one of those "want it now" type people!
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed • 4x4 • Line-X
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #80
inTgr8r
Major General
Canada
112

 
inTgr8r's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto


Posts: 8,069
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think LASTRU M is a good one. Having a drinking license plate isn't bad. And if someone doesn't quite get it it does look exactly like what you want it to say when you point it out!

My plate should be in in another week or two! Hate waiting 3 weeks after ordering, I am one of those "want it now" type people!


I have no idea what you mean.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #81
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
31

 
thekurgan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento


Posts: 2,849
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
Drove my buddy's e46 vert a long time ago for a little bit, fun motor. Test drove a z4mr around the block, didn't get to play much. Expect my future coupe to be a blast.


ha, nice. Any other idea how to write it? Only get 7 letters in PA. LSTRUE M ?


Probably because my buddy's new to him and completely stock 08 335i just put a beating on an e46m vert with headers, reflash, and exhaust (possibly an intake also). Pulled hard on him up top. All in a staight line anyway. Everybody was shocked. Maybe s54 isn't all it's cracked up to be??
Who is "Everybody"???
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Rattle fixes
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #82
MIKe86
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 90 332is
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 18045


Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

[quote=inTgr8r;7159008]Don't forget the e46m3 vert tips the scales at 3760 (actual weigh in)
& then there's the drivers; 6sp vs auto with paddles?

& then there's the feeling.
There is nothing on this planet that feels like the S54. [
/QUOTE]
Interesting, thought it more like 3400lbs? Both were 6spds. And funny you mention that, 335 is his first boosted car, he said he can feel the lag sometimes and he's not used to it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
Ya that 335i automatic transmission is amazingly fast at shifting. I almost wouldn't mind having a 335i auto....but I'd still rather have manual
I believe it, apparently auto tranny's have come a long way over the years (not that I'm old enough to know ha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think LASTRU M is a good one. Having a drinking license plate isn't bad. And if someone doesn't quite get it it does look exactly like what you want it to say when you point it out!

My plate should be in in another week or two! Hate waiting 3 weeks after ordering, I am one of those "want it now" type people!
Good point, thanks. Yea, I don't think anybody likes waiting for anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Who is "Everybody"???
Everybody meant the e46m driver, the 335i driver, the s/c c6 driver that was cruising with, as well as a cts-v, and supra. Maybe I took you a little too literal but you aren't surprised to hear this?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #83
mousitch
Dark Sider
United_States
22

 
mousitch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Missouri


Posts: 1,722
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to mousitch
Ordered "RATED M" for first choice and "RATED-M" for second choice today in MO. Hope no one has it.....
__________________


2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Escort 9500ix-BMW CCA Member-ST Louis Chapter
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #84
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
31

 
thekurgan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento


Posts: 2,849
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
[quote=MIKe86;7161723]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Don't forget the e46m3 vert tips the scales at 3760 (actual weigh in)
& then there's the drivers; 6sp vs auto with paddles?

& then there's the feeling.
There is nothing on this planet that feels like the S54. [
/QUOTE]
Interesting, thought it more like 3400lbs? Both were 6spds. And funny you mention that, 335 is his first boosted car, he said he can feel the lag sometimes and he's not used to it yet.

I believe it, apparently auto tranny's have come a long way over the years (not that I'm old enough to know ha)


Good point, thanks. Yea, I don't think anybody likes waiting for anything!


Everybody meant the e46m driver, the 335i driver, the s/c c6 driver that was cruising with, as well as a cts-v, and supra. Maybe I took you a little too literal but you aren't surprised to hear this?
No, as the M3 isn't designed for drag racing. Its strength is in the durability, unlike the N54, the S54 is race proven.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Rattle fixes
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #85
inTgr8r
Major General
Canada
112

 
inTgr8r's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto


Posts: 8,069
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Ordered "RATED M" for first choice and "RATED-M" for second choice today in MO. Hope no one has it.....
They haven't gone online yet??

We have an online selector that also lets you see what the plate looks like.
If a plate is in use, you find out as you select it.
It then has to pass a board of approval after that.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #86
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
67

 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit


Posts: 4,324
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
They haven't gone online yet??

We have an online selector that also lets you see what the plate looks like.
If a plate is in use, you find out as you select it.
It then has to pass a board of approval after that.
Yeah, same way Michigan does it.
I figured all the states had an online plate checker by now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #87
MIKe86
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 90 332is
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 18045


Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Ordered "RATED M" for first choice and "RATED-M" for second choice today in MO. Hope no one has it.....
aren't those technically the same plate? If the first isn't available, why would the second one be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
No, as the M3 isn't designed for drag racing. Its strength is in the durability, unlike the N54, the S54 is race proven.
touche.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #88
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
44

 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland


Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Here the online database is run by the newspaper in the capital where the main DMV office is. I don't think we have an official database for Iowa... as far as I know anyway!
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed • 4x4 • Line-X
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
custom, license plate, personalized

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST