ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #67
StigJ
Second Lieutenant
StigJ's Avatar
Norway
7
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
We will be receiving more of the Hyper Silver ARC-8s in 18x9.5" ET35 in mid May. We do not currently have plans for another Group Buy in the near future as we just had two very recently.
Ok thanks
__________________

Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe
Starlight Blue '13 MINI Paceman Cooper
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #68
nmulax
Brigadier General
nmulax's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
4,324
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Keep vasilating on what size ARC-8's to order.

Currently lowered on H&R springs, but will get some coilovers/camber plates (H&R or Fortune Auto) next winter. Ideally, want a wheel setup that will look good and work with either suspension component with little adjustment. This is just used for street driving - maybe 1 auto-x a year.

Leaning towards:
F: 18x9 et42, with 245/40/18
R: 18x10 et25, with 275/35/18
With Michelin PSS', Hankook V12 Ventus, or something similar.

David at Apex said: "They'll work as long as you use a street tire in the 245/40/18 tire size, since the tire will be slightly stretched. If you use an extreme summer tire such as a Hankook RS-3 or Dunlop Star Spec, you may need a small 3mm spacer so that the tire doesn't rub on the strut."

Should I stick with the planned setup?
Should I drop to a 18x8.5 in front (and if so, what tire size)?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #69
kennyfrc
First Lieutenant
kennyfrc's Avatar
4
Rep
372
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ATL GA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Keep vasilating on what size ARC-8's to order.

Currently lowered on H&R springs, but will get some coilovers/camber plates (H&R or Fortune Auto) next winter. Ideally, want a wheel setup that will look good and work with either suspension component with little adjustment. This is just used for street driving - maybe 1 auto-x a year.

Leaning towards:
F: 18x9 et42, with 245/40/18
R: 18x10 et25, with 275/35/18
With Michelin PSS', Hankook V12 Ventus, or something similar.

David at Apex said: "They'll work as long as you use a street tire in the 245/40/18 tire size, since the tire will be slightly stretched. If you use an extreme summer tire such as a Hankook RS-3 or Dunlop Star Spec, you may need a small 3mm spacer so that the tire doesn't rub on the strut."

Should I stick with the planned setup?
Should I drop to a 18x8.5 in front (and if so, what tire size)?
I have the 18X9 +42 with 245/40-18 PSS in the front and 18X10 +25 with 275/35-18 in the rear. I have no suspension mods of any kind, and no rubbing issues in over 10K miles. If you are looking for the most agressive fitment without any hassle then this is it!

Hope this helps!
__________________
Toy: 2008 Silver Z4MC 300WHP/241TQ

Mods: OEM Euro Headers, RPI Scoop

Daily: 2010 Tacoma Double Cab
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #70
nmulax
Brigadier General
nmulax's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
4,324
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
I have the 18X9 +42 with 245/40-18 PSS in the front and 18X10 +25 with 275/35-18 in the rear. I have no suspension mods of any kind, and no rubbing issues in over 10K miles. If you are looking for the most agressive fitment without any hassle then this is it!

Hope this helps!
Thanks man! Think I'd still be fine with the H&R springs (it lowers the car about an inch)?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #71
dre99gsx
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

I am running R888 and rub the rear fenders, mainly because that tire has a tall and straight sidewall. Choose your tire carefully if you will be dropping the car anymore than an inch. They seem to work fine at 255 size in the front, although the vehicle hasn't seen aggressive driving yet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #72
mgwatson48
Lieutenant
mgwatson48's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E86 M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Just installed my ARC-8s!

Wheels:
9"x18 ET42 fronts - needed a 3mm spacer to clear strut. Could use another 5mm or so to flush it out.
9.5"x18 ET22 rears - perfect fitment, no spacer

Tires:
235/40/18 Front - Tad bit stretched on a 9" wheel
265/35/18 Rear - Tab bit too much meat "overhang" on a 9.5" wheel

Optimal wheel widths for these tires would be 8.5" front and 10" rear.

I am VERY happy with the fit and finish of these wheels!

Pics:






__________________
SOLD: 2008 M Coupe

Last edited by mgwatson48; 04-21-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #73
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
47
Rep
1,456
Posts


 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Looks great mgwatson48! Thanks for sharing!
__________________

| David D. | 925.245.0773 x802 | david@apexraceparts.com | Facebook | Blog |
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #74
bucko521
More of this than that!
bucko521's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
786
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Regina, SK, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwatson48 View Post
Just installed my ARC-8s!

Wheels:
9"x18 ET42 fronts - needed a 3mm spacer to clear strut. Could use another 5mm or so to flush it out.
9.5"x18 ET22 rears - perfect fitment, no spacer

Tires:
235/40/18 Front - Tad bit stretched on a 9" wheel
265/35/18 Rear - Tab bit too much meat "overhang" on a 9.5" wheel

Pics:


.
.
.

You want me to start liking blue cars ....dam that car is sexy!!
__________________

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #75
mgwatson48
Lieutenant
mgwatson48's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E86 M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Thanks guys
__________________
SOLD: 2008 M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #76
StigJ
Second Lieutenant
StigJ's Avatar
Norway
7
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwatson48 View Post
Just installed my ARC-8s!

Wheels:
9"x18 ET42 fronts - needed a 3mm spacer to clear strut. Could use another 5mm or so to flush it out.
9.5"x18 ET22 rears - perfect fitment, no spacer

Tires:
235/40/18 Front - Tad bit stretched on a 9" wheel
265/35/18 Rear - Tab bit too much meat "overhang" on a 9.5" wheel

Optimal wheel widths for these tires would be 8.5" front and 10" rear.

I am VERY happy with the fit and finish of these wheels!
Thank you for posting pics and specs. Now I know exactly what wheelspec to choose.
Going for same tire dimension as you but 8.5 for the fronts. And since I have the 3.0si I need the 9,5 ET35...

I like meaty look
__________________

Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe
Starlight Blue '13 MINI Paceman Cooper
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #77
DRedman45
First Lieutenant
DRedman45's Avatar
4
Rep
391
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e86 //M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwatson48 View Post
Just installed my ARC-8s!

Wheels:
9"x18 ET42 fronts - needed a 3mm spacer to clear strut. Could use another 5mm or so to flush it out.
9.5"x18 ET22 rears - perfect fitment, no spacer

Tires:
235/40/18 Front - Tad bit stretched on a 9" wheel
265/35/18 Rear - Tab bit too much meat "overhang" on a 9.5" wheel
That is the first I have heard of need a spacer with the 9" fronts with a 235...is that normal?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #78
mgwatson48
Lieutenant
mgwatson48's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E86 M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Lol, I don't quite understand how it couldn't be normal... The 9" wheel with an ET42 offset gives you 13mm less strut clearance. When I mounted the wheel it was touching the strut (stock suspension).
__________________
SOLD: 2008 M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #79
DRedman45
First Lieutenant
DRedman45's Avatar
4
Rep
391
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e86 //M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern va

iTrader: (0)

So...When is the next group buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwatson48 View Post
Lol, I don't quite understand how it couldn't be normal... The 9" wheel with an ET42 offset gives you 13mm less strut clearance. When I mounted the wheel it was touching the strut (stock suspension).
thats what I was missing haha
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #80
evel karnievel
braaap
Germany
3
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: Z4M QP
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: green heart

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone the 18x9,5 ET35 rim on the rear axle of the Z4M?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #81
pokeybritches
Lieutenant Colonel
pokeybritches's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,916
Posts

 
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M's, VF Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [4.25]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evel karnievel
Has anyone the 18x9,5 ET35 rim on the rear axle of the Z4M?
I have them on my M. The 9.5ET22 is a better fit, which wasn't available at the time I bought the wheels. The 9.5ET35's have a similar offset to stock wheels, whereas the 9.5ET22 sits almost flush. I currently use a 12 mm spacer to effectively make them 9.5ET23's.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
18x10, 18x9.5, apex, arc-8, arc8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST