ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Wink 07 3.0Si coupe listing Ohio/Midwest

Been looking for a replacement BMW for my wife (e36 is sold after 10 years of ownership) Have been looking mostly for a 328 Coupe E92 and came close begining of December but the seller sold to someone else closer for $500 over our agreed price.

Anyway just came accross the following Z4 Coupe that would fit what I am looking for.
Anyone in Ohio/Illinois know this car?
Anyone want to weigh in on price or what to look out for on the 2007 z4?
I think the asking is pretty good. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
jophish17
First Lieutenant
 
jophish17's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4MC
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Decatur, GA

Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 328  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4M  [5.00]
I will just say that I wish that was available when I bought my car. I love my MC but I'm not sure its necessarily worth 14k more than that.. Especially since I love brown interior! Go for it.. Before I get a new dd
jophish17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the input jophish17. I hit him up with an e-mail to pursue. Hoping someone on the boards knows the car or might be willing to take a look as i am quite a far distance from where the seller is-.

Asking price seems real reasonable, almost too reasonable for someone that just listed it for sale.

Embarrassed to say I have never driven a coupe, but have driven a conv. Am I right in assuming that the coupe is even more fun?
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
jophish17
First Lieutenant
 
jophish17's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4MC
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Decatur, GA

Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 328  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4M  [5.00]
The price was something that concerned me too, but nothing a PPI wouldn't ease my mind about. Let us know how it turns out! And I've never driven a roadster haha I was just attracted to the coupe
jophish17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
bucko521
More of this than that!
 
bucko521's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Regina, SK, Canada

Posts: 774
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvitesse View Post
Been looking for a replacement BMW for my wife (e36 is sold after 10 years of ownership) Have been looking mostly for a 328 Coupe E92 and came close begining of December but the seller sold to someone else closer for $500 over our agreed price.

Anyway just came accross the following Z4 Coupe that would fit what I am looking for.
Anyone in Ohio/Illinois know this car?
Anyone want to weigh in on price or what to look out for on the 2007 z4?
I think the asking is pretty good. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
That is one good looking car....that interior sure makes it. I think the price is reasonable for the lower mileage and the fact is is an SI model.

Happy Motoring - now go get it!
__________________

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
bucko521 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
That is one good looking car....that interior sure makes it. I think the price is reasonable for the lower mileage and the fact is is an SI model.

Happy Motoring - now go get it!
This is getting scary 19K for $22250 on a z4MC?
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=3
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
bucko521
More of this than that!
 
bucko521's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Regina, SK, Canada

Posts: 774
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvitesse View Post
This is getting scary 19K for $22250 on a z4MC?
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=3
Depends if you want the ///M or not. Great deal sure....I personally tried a few out...found that for both a possible daily driver, and the cost of ownership of a ///M model versus a Z43.0i or si, that the ///M was not for me. Sure it would be great to own...but then again...I bought a 2006 with only 4000 mile on it. MINT!
__________________

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
bucko521 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
Bennu
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Bennu's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach

Posts: 1,690
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvitesse View Post
This is getting scary 19K for $22250 on a z4MC?
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=3
Wow that's how much I payed for my 06 si model. I would check out the car and if its good jump on it fast.
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Bennu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Ovaltine
floor sweeper
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Chester, OH

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

That car is 10 minutes from my house. I've seen it out on the roads a time or two but never at any of the area meets. I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you.
Ovaltine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
All American 6
Private
 
All American 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 si Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: B'ham

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Both cars are a great price.

The only other coupes priced in the teens have over 80k miles - one has 66k

Based on price / mileage that car is the very much the price leader.

Most coupes with mileage in the 30s are priced mid to high 20s.

What does this mean for your car? It's a private seller maybe he doesn't know the value? Maybe he needs or just wants to sell quickly? Maybe there's an issue with the car?

From the pics it looks like an apartment complex. Ad states it's garage kept.

This car will move quickly.


I just purchased an 08 si coupe with upper 20k mileage. I paid about $7500 more than that price, but it was the exterior / interior color and trans I wanted.
All American 6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovaltine View Post
That car is 10 minutes from my house. I've seen it out on the roads a time or two but never at any of the area meets. I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you.
Thanks for the offer Ovaltine I might just take you up on it as it's 5 hours each way. I sent the seller an e-mail on friday but nothing yet. I will give him a call on Sunday if I don't see an e-mail back.
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American 6 View Post
Both cars are a great price.

The only other coupes priced in the teens have over 80k miles - one has 66k

Based on price / mileage that car is the very much the price leader.

Most coupes with mileage in the 30s are priced mid to high 20s.

What does this mean for your car? It's a private seller maybe he doesn't know the value? Maybe he needs or just wants to sell quickly? Maybe there's an issue with the car?

From the pics it looks like an apartment complex. Ad states it's garage kept.

This car will move quickly.


I just purchased an 08 si coupe with upper 20k mileage. I paid about $7500 more than that price, but it was the exterior / interior color and trans I wanted.
Yeah the asking is quite good. I am hoping he just needs to sell in a hurry and not because of any issues. Even though it is a rental complex the back ground of one of the pics shows some garages. Hopefully this will be the one as the search has been going on for a while now. Thanks for the input -
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
Ovaltine
floor sweeper
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Chester, OH

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Did the seller ever respond?
Ovaltine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
redvitesse
Private First Class
 
redvitesse's Avatar
 
Drives: E92, E39, E36, Rover Vitesse
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Illinois

Posts: 108
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovaltine View Post
Did the seller ever respond?
no returned call from last monday and did not return either of my 2 e-mails till today with just the heading that the car is sold. Either they did not like my questions or it was picked up right away.
redvitesse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST