ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-22-2024, 08:22 AM   #1
MarinerZ4C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0Si Coupe

BMW OE Headunit for Carver Top Hi-Fi in LCI cars ?

My 2006 E86 came with Sat Nav and Top Hi-Fi sound sytem (Carver, 10 speaker). I have replaced my Sat Nav display and computer with a Garmin GPS and a BMW CD53 radio headunit. It gives me a modern, pop-up GPS with voice control, a back-up camera, and an OE look. The CD53 headunit functions properly, BUT it seems that it is driving only the front (TeleCommunicationUnit, TCU) speakers.

I want to emulate an OE top Hi-Fi without Nav, I hoped the CD53 would do this. I don't need graphical control of DSP, but I want all the speakers to function.

1) Will a member who has the Top Hi-Fi (Carver) setup with DSP, but without Nav, please confirm or post a photo that this headunit can control the Carver system with DSP amp ?

2) If the CD53 radio can drive the Carver system, do I need to code the K-bus to properly pair the CD53 headunit and enable signal to all my speakers ? If this is the case, advice on how to code would be appreciated.

I want to maintain the original amp and speakers.

Thanks in advance !

2006 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, Montego Blue, MT
2008 128i Convertible (sold)
2005 325xi Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 11:01 AM   #2
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

I have a ‘04 with the Carver 10 speaker system. I have the CD53 radio and DSP amp.

What is likely is that your CD53 is not compatible with the DSP amp… Not all are apparently.

Stick LT26506 into Realoem.com for a list of radios/amps that are compatible. Current/superceeded.