ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

Anyone near Duluth, GA?

An M roadster just came up on the market with very low miles in Duluth, Georgia. Anyone close enough to take a look at it for me? Anyone have any independent or mechanic they really trust that can give it an inspection?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
pelerojo
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M

I am not near this car but have used an inspection service before with good results. This was one of those national internet based firms. for a fixed amount they provide a complete report. For any car that passes initial muster, order one of these before putting money down or flying in. It will pay for itself by identifying undisclosed items. Cost is about $150 and it very complete.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I can recommend UUC Motorsports to take a look at the car. They are pretty close to Duluth. They have a full service garage. I also noticed a silver/black 06 MR on the lot at Jim Ellis Chevrolet in Chamblee, GA. 38K on the clock and looks to be a very nice car. Has an extended warranty as well. They are asking 26,500 so it should be a great deal for someone. I just did a quick search and noticed you must be referring to the Bronze car with 9,900 miles at United in Gwinnett right? That is a BMW dealer so I would assume it has been checked out.

http://www.jimellischevrolet.com/use...f9cf48a3c9.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks pelerojo , thats probably going to be my back up option.

I was hoping to get a shop that has experience with Z4Ms and an impartial set of eyes from here. BTW I would offer a small stipend for gas money and such ($50) or more if you can justify it
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

Just ran the carfax on it. Car has 9k Miles, one owner. Don't see any service records. Even though the computer wouldn't notify for any service, it should have had 2 oil changes. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
pelerojo
Private
Rep

This looks good. The low mileage ones (sub 10k)are getting harder to find. I am not able to find it on line to see the color combo/options but it looks good. I would call a BMW dealer with the last seven of the vin and get the in service date. That will tell you how much tim on the maint & warr you have left. You can not tell just by the model year. For example my 06 expires this month. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelerojo View Post
This looks good. The low mileage ones (sub 10k)are getting harder to find. I am not able to find it on line to see the color combo/options but it looks good. I would call a BMW dealer with the last seven of the vin and get the in service date. That will tell you how much tim on the maint & warr you have left. You can not tell just by the model year. For example my 06 expires this month. Good luck.
Yep, I looked for a good while until I found mine, 13,000 miles......... taking delivery this week. Unfortunately I paid top dollar for the low mileage and mint condition along with the car being CPO, but having an almost new car should take a little of the pricing sting out I see you are in Charlotte. I am coming up there naxt Saturday Morning to have Autoshield Carolinas do a clear bra on the M. They did my 370 a few years ago....... Steve the owner, who also installs, does fantastic work!

John
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

Grats atennahead! For a pristine car it's definitely worth paying a little more. Let's hope this one works out.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
pelerojo
Private
Rep

Congrats Antenaehead. I will see you out and about the Upstate. There are a few of us around. I saw an Indigo roadster today.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting_fish View Post
Just ran the carfax on it. Car has 9k Miles, one owner. Don't see any service records. Even though the computer wouldn't notify for any service, it should have had 2 oil changes. What do you guys think?
Since it is at a BMW dealer you should be able to get them to send you a printout of all the services done since the in-service date. It could have had 1 free oil change per year with the mileage it has. Also a brake fluid change at 2yr intervals.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep

Update: put a deposit down on the car! Did have the oil changed at the 2 year mark, so it looks perfect on paper. Having it checked independently at the moment. Will keep you guys posted
Appreciate 0