View Single Post
      04-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Thumbs up Direct Z4 M fitment: AST 4200 coilover kit (Double adjustable, true monotube design)

For a while now, we've wanted a Z4 M direct fitment AST option for owners who wanted a coilover kit that is truly track worth, and not just based off of street oriented dampers.

If we can get 4 people together then I can make this happen no problem. More have to be made but if we get 4 I'm willing to take the risk of holding onto the rest since these would be the best autocross/track oriented coilovers available.

These would not be bolted together from e36/e46 kits like others have. The Z4 M has shorter strut bodies, and we'd have them produced accordingly with valving specific to the car.

We are shooting for the 4200 series or 4100 series as those will fit properly on the car. They keep the lower spring perch above the tire which give you substantially more room to fit wide tires under the front fenders. If we go the 4200 route, then custom spring rates are included in the price, and everyone can pick their own rates. These could be paired with Camber plates and rear shock mounts as needed and at a discount.

The retail price for a double adjustable 4200 series kit would be around $3,300 not including camber plates or rear mounts. If we get more then 4 people I will see if AST will allow us to do a groupbuy discounted price.

We won't do the inverted AST 5000 series dampers, because they will have serious fitment issues up front due to the spring length they require, which sets the spring down next to the tire. That results in having to push the wheel out an extra 15-20mm just to fit the same wheel.

As of right now this is a feeler. We welcome your feedback, opinions and questions.

E46 dampers shown below

Last edited by Eddy@ApexWheels; 04-28-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0