09-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #93
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Little follow-up... I have decided on two things.
First as of next season I will go get my Instructors certificate/license ... I will most probably do this with BMW CC
Secondly, the trailer dilemma. Either my car is being carried or my car is pulling...
Answer: None.

I won't go any of these routes in 2012. I will just enjoy the car with the great Dirrezzas as I have done before.
Wow Tony, instructor, that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Just came back from a DE at Mosport. Great two days. Holding my own agains't Mustang Boss 302s, Shelby GT500s and modified Corvettes.

I was low on brake fluid. I use Gulf Competition RF1000 fully synthetic. So I couldn't mix anything else with it. So I just managed by taking some breaks from time to time.

I was running my Dunlops at 45 lbs pressure when hot. They were performing quite well. I now have 13 track days on these tires.

Not sure where and when am I going out again.
First, good representation for the Z4 buddy!

The highest I've run hot is 42 lbs, and I've been shooting for about 39/38 lbs F/R hot. I didn't notice the tires getting greasy at 42 PSI, so I guess I could have tried a few more PSI.

You seem to be getting really good wear on them and have a lot of experience. What's your opinion of the 45 lbs hot vs. lower pressures (say 38 hot)? How does the car handle, impressions? I might start off with a bit more PSI cold next time and target a higher pressure hot based on your feedback--I guess I was under the impression 45 hot was "too high".
Appreciate 0