View Single Post
      02-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #36
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Do I understand you are depressing the clutch in the corner in order to rotate the car? I use trailing-throttle-oversteer to rotate through corners and have tuned the suspension in order to accomplish this. The only time I am on the clutch is changing gears. Balancing the car through the corner modulating the throttle is my driving style. One of many fundamentals I was taught by a pro race driver was to put the car into the proper gear BEFORE entering a corner--this includes clutch depression. I'm not saying what you are doing is necessarily wrong, just not what I learned and not my style. I would think using trailing-throttle oversteer would rotate the car more than simply depressing the clutch.
No, you're way off base. I am simply saying hat if you brake really hard out of gear, the car wants to rotate more, like in a straight line. Loss of engine braking does that since the brake bias effectively changes as a result.

Same idea as if you go through a corner that you could be in 2nd gear for in 3rd, you will push like crazy because the weight isn't being put on the front wheels from the engine braking.