Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I'm still not sure why you're looking up a Z4M kit to quote in a thread about the ESS TS2 for the 2.5i.

A clutch that's worn will not have the same holding capacity as one that's new. While OP's clutch may hold with stock power levels, it is not unrealistic to think that 50% more torque will overwhelm it.

I am fairly easy on the clutch, but my 3.0i's began to show signs of failure and had to be replaced 2k miles ago. I'm guessing a large portion of the wear came from the previous owner (I bought the car at 55k miles). Signs of failure were not present when I was at full throttle. It was "holding" just fine. It was, however, dragging between quick gear changes. Foot completely off the gas, clutch in, shift, clutch out, and rpm would drag down to the appropriate speed in the new gear. So... my point is there are multiple failure indicators beyond ultimate holding capacity, and that capacity is reduced with wear.

I'm not advocating to immediately replace the stock clutch. Budget for it, and don't be shocked when it happens.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0