Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
Well, despite my skepticism about increased track width, it looks like I've found a good deal on some style 189's (with decent tires for around my cost to replace tires alone). So I'll be jumping on the 34/37 offset bandwagon. I suppose if I really don't like it I can always sell them to an E9x-er...

FWIW I wasn't particularly sold on E9x wheels, but did want lower aspect ratio tires since I can feel an objectionable degree of sidewall softness on my current 235/45/17s. So I was looking for a good deal on 18's of some OEM flavor. I had a line on some decent style 135's with the stock offset, but could get the 189's for a couple hundred less and decided to try 'em.

I'll end up with a real Frankenstein suspension hodgepodge on my non-M coupe that would probably make the HACK barf (or worse, tsk in derision): Style 189 wheels, H&R sways (currently front full stiff and mid setting on the rear, Koni yellows which I'll be putting on in another few weeks, and... stock non-sport-package springs). It'll be "interesting".
Care to share a pic when you put the wheels on? I really like those rims, but they are offered only for the US, and weigh 1.5 kgs more than the 269 Performance rims.

Last edited by Arxangel; 04-28-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 0