View Single Post
      02-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

powder coated Ultimate Pedals installed

I sprung for the pedals and found a local shop to Powder Coat them in flat black. The rest of the car is triple black and the natural aluminum color was too "bright" for my taste. Overall very pleased... heel and toe [side-to-side?] is much easier.

FYI this is a Mason Engineering clutch pedal [E46M3 model] which provides a much more positive feel and a very short ~4" throw. It sits deeper in the footwell, so it looks smaller in the photos. The pedals are identical.

Here are the pics:

Some install tips I begged from others:
  • Pre-paint screws if desired, they can dry while you drill the holes.
  • Mark holes in advance with a white grease pencil, silver paint marker or similar [ i covered the underlying pedal with blue painters tape for drilling]
  • Accel and footrest pedals screw down on top of the existing plastic gas/footrest, using qty-4 ea. medium diameter sheet metal screws. Easy.
  • Brake and Clutch must be drilled out, different diameter bolts with nuts & washers. Make these holes over-sized for fine position adjustments. These are tough steel, recommend pre-drilling with small diameter high-grade bit first [or dremel]. 4x bolts each provided.
  • Note the diameter of the bolts requires a larger a hole than the threaded screws above---So Do NOT pre-drill everything with the same bit, or the threads won't grab.
  • Put down a newspaper or a rag in the footwell to catch the many shards of steel from the drilling. Do NOT jam these into your fingers. A magnet cleans these up nicely too.

Last edited by blender; 02-07-2010 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: details
Appreciate 0