Thread: Garage Ideas
View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
kklin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

I don't do much "work" in the garage other than change tires and minor puttering. The best upgrades I've made are adding lots of extra electical outlets on the walls and one in the ceiling.
  • Lots more flourescent ceiling lights. So much better than two bare light bulbs plus garage door opener lights.
  • Large GUV vacuum with 30' long hose. Mounted between the two garage doors. I can also vacuum the mudroom and part of the kitchen. I use his frequently.
  • Electrical cord reel also mounted between the two garage doors. Good for air pump and electrical yard equipment.
  • Drop reel and flourescent light from the ceiling, between the two bays. Mine just broke after several years of service.
  • An oscillating fan mounted on the front wall of the garage (remember what it's like in your garage in July and August). I should have bought a bigger one. Have to figure out how not to rattle the wall so much though - there's china cabinet on the other side of the wall.
Looking forward to other's ideas. I have 13' high ceilings and would love to make use of the extra space. Toyed with the idea of a lift.

Last edited by kklin; 03-02-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0