View Single Post
      04-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

First, who cares what others think? I'm pretty sure I've looked like a total douche to some random observers and other family and friends to go drive 8 hours to a track, then drive around in a circle some more wasting gas and consumables, then drive 8 hours back...And PAY for that privilege. Frankly if you're going to go through life worrying about what other think of what you do...Well, you won't be a happy man I'll just leave it at that.

Second, the majority of the chips and scrapes I get from driving on the track came when I go through turn 2 at Auto Club Speedway at over 120mph, having to closely tail the guy in front and can't afford to ease off the throttle. I don't think at AX speeds the rocks picked up will do much damage to the paint. With no traffic in front of you, and at a top speed of around 60mph, I don't think there'll be much of a chance of serious paint damage.

But then, what do I know. I don't AX that much, certainly not in the MZ4 Coupe. If it'll put your mind at ease, tape it to your heart's content.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0