View Single Post
      01-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
silversprint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
Agreed. Not a fan of zeroing out toe. Pick one. I ran zero toe on my 330 for two events and hated the effect.

I'd stay away from toe-out on our cars because I'd think it'd make it even more darty than it already is.
How can you call a 3400lb car darty? I think you should drive an Elise or S2000 to really get a since of quick transitions. The Z4 is one of the easiest cars to drive fast in stock form. It should be even easier to drive if properly setup.

The Z4M is just like most other BMW. Go to the Track section of Bimmerforum, read what the everyone else has tried and get a headstart.

When you change the camber at the track it will change the toe as well. Do you plan to use Toe Plates or string up the car and adjust the toe? The best way to do it is to do the alignment for the track then dial it back for the street. That way you know exactly what your toe and camber are at the track.

You dont' like Zero toe but you set the car up with toe in. Once you add more camber at the track it will move the toe out and you will end up with zero toe or with more toe out that you need. More importantly you just won't know how much toe you actually have.
Appreciate 0