View Single Post
      12-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Common misconception in regards to spring rate, there is going to be negligible difference with the 500s over 400s on the street. People think stiff springs ride poor because they need to be matched with stiffer shocks. It's the shock that makes things harsh.
To be honest, I actually didn't know the difference was negligible. I knew shocks were the primary culprit for a harsher ride but I always figured a higher weight spring had to factor in.

Quote:
I use the middle setting for both street and track. so 6-7 clicks and I think 360 degrees. 500/600
Ok. So you're going with a best of both worlds approach. I assume you don't do a lot of city driving? I'm actually considering going to 1.5 turns from stiff on the front (from 1) and 2 turns from stiff on the rear (from 1.25) and keeping it at 3 clicks off of soft for the street. The roads are absolutely brutal around here.

Quote:
I ran similar setup with starspecs at one point. Rem our cars have a ton of caster so you are getting more camber then other cars in the corner. that 400 pound spring rate might roll more though.
We sure do have a ton of caster! My friend who works on BMWs and Impalas always gets a kick out of our 5.5-6deg versus their 1.5.