View Single Post
      12-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Keep in mind that appropriate camber is related to the car itself, as well as obviously the course and driver, and tire, and suspension bla bla bla.

A soft spaghetti 330 is gonna need more.

What tires are you running?

I have the same setup as you suspension/car wise and found between 2.5-3 to be ideal, probably around 2.7 was perfect for sebring.

This is why I say it would take something extreme to need 3.5, that is a LOT of camber.
Ha! I wouldn't call a 330Ci soft spaghetti! With the TC Kline kit, aftermarket sways and solid bushings it was quite stiff! And I didn't have a sunroof so that made it at least as stiff as any CF-body supercar. JK.

But I do know that the Z4MC is an impossibly stiff platform. I found it to be an extremely competent set of kit even with stock everything.

As for tires, I run Dunlop Star Specs sized at 255 up front and 275 out back. I need to arrive and drive because I live in the city and having an extra set of wheels/tires isn't very feasible. With a paltry 1.5deg I was getting some very obvious lateral squirm lines on the RE01Rs I ran for half of last season. I'm looking forward to the more appropriate camber setting keeping that in check.

Oh, I should have mentioned that I'm running 400lb front springs, which is a bit soft. I have the 500lb springs, too, but for the amount of city driving I do, I couldn't justify going to that just yet. I want to see how it behaves with the 400's and, if it's fine, great. If not, I do have the 500's ready to go.

What rebound/damping settings do you run at the track and the street? For the street I'm at 3 clicks (out of 12) off of soft and 1 turn off of stiff up front and 1.25 turns off of stiff out back. At the track, I'm thinking I'll go to 6 clicks off of soft and .5 turns off of stiff up front and 1-.75 turns off of stiff out back to start things off and work from there.