View Single Post
      12-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
Thanks for the guidance. I'll likely go to 3deg and work from there. On my 330Ci with the same suspension from TCK, I ran around 3.2deg and found the car to be absolutely sublime at The Glen. Toe-in was around 1/32nd up front. I ran a bit of toe-out one day and found the car to be way too skittish. I could only imagine what the Z4M would be like.

With nearly 30 track days of experience over the past 2 years, I think/hope I'm capable of determining what camber settings suit the car, my driving style and the track itself. I plan to equip myself with the tools necessary to make adjustments in the paddock this coming season so I'm not too concerned with figuring out what other people say I should run. I'll simply consult with other people at the track that day and with my personal preferences for how I like the car to handle.
Keep in mind that appropriate camber is related to the car itself, as well as obviously the course and driver, and tire, and suspension bla bla bla.

A soft spaghetti 330 is gonna need more.

What tires are you running?

I have the same setup as you suspension/car wise and found between 2.5-3 to be ideal, probably around 2.7 was perfect for sebring.

This is why I say it would take something extreme to need 3.5, that is a LOT of camber.