View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #30
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
Took my car there for Inspection II shortly after buying it.
When next Inspection I came around 14 months and 24k miles later, decided to do valve adjustment myself.
When I pulled the spark plugs, I couldn't believe how crappy they looked. No way they only had 24k miles of DD.
Checked the trans and diff plugs. No sign they had been touched since the car was built. No tool marks in the grime. No fingerprints.
Checked my AC belt that he said he replaced, and it was totally dried and cracked. No way it could get like that in 14 months.

In short, he's a nice guy, but I'm not convinced he opened the hood.
Now, did you ask for Inspection II, or did you specifically ask him to change the spark plugs, transmission and diff plugs, and belts? 'Cause I know he's a BMW senior Master Technician at New Century before he started his own shop, and he does things by the book...So if inspection II does not call for changing diff and tranny fluid, he does not change them.

I've known him personally long enough to know he's about as honest as it gets, which is very rare for the business. So if you got billed for diff and tranny fluids, and spark plugs, and it doesn't look like anything has been touched, then something is wrong.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0