View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
DaveJB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Did you end up using Rouge RSM plate at the back? What damping setting are you on front and rear? Adjusting from the bottom for the rear damping? How's the road over there? Drives better than OE? I think they do f8k/r10k for similar to stock rates.

How long do you have it now? Does it drop the car at all at the highest setting? Sorry for all the questions but you the only person I know have these installed.

TIA,
Notifications on this site are very unreliable.

1. Yes, I used the Rouge RSM's. In hindsight, I wouldn't have used them. I can't imagine how long it will be until I need to remove the shocks again and I don't find it that hard to take off the panels, considering it would only be every few years.
2. Right now I'm running on 7 front and back - that's 7th click from soft. I started at 5 and ironically the ride was worse since it was underdamped and the car bounced around too much. I'd like to try higher settings but it takes a few minutes to get the rear panels off and I've been putting that off. I only just learned about their remote shock adjusters and will be buying a set.
3. As said above, damping is adjusted from the top of the rear shock. Get the remote adjusters.
4. The roads in Phoenix are better than average due to no freezing. I don't know if it rides better than stock but it rides plenty well (EDIT: I'm in my mid 40's and wouldn't tolerate a "lowered/slammed car ride" - I'm married too and we take my car all the time). I do have it lowered quite a bit, over an inch I'm sure. Unfortunately I lost the original ride height numbers. If you're stock, if you want, take some measurements of the ride height. Per BMW specs, I'm measuring from the lower wheel lip, NOT ground, up the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender/wheel well. Right now I'm running 57.3 cm in the front and 57.6 in the back.
5. I've had them installed for a couple months, IIRC. I have no idea about the highest setting, sorry.

So, in summary, I'm very happy with these and additionally the customer support. I've emailed them quite a few times with questions and they always respond quickly and happily. That goes a long way with me.

See attached pics. I am so happy with how it looks. When you consider how low it is, the fact that it still rides well is exactly why I bought these coilovers. The last two pictures are a bit of a before and after.
Attached Images

Last edited by DaveJB; 12-07-2016 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0