Thread: Best Tires?
View Single Post
      05-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Ive been looking around for new tires since mine are pretty much bald at this point and I was looking for opinions on what you guys think I should get. I've checked the reviews on TireRack and read up a good bit on what others have said about theirs.

I recently got a new set for my daily, (W211 E320) and went solely off of what the reviews on TireRack had said and haven't been dissapointed, they're Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 and Im pretty impressed with them so far. I looked into the Michellin PSS but with everything into consideration the Conti's turned out to be a better overall package including price.

Not considering Price, what's the best summer tires for our cars? Im probably going to get new wheels as well but I don't think Ill move away from 18inch wheels. Will definitely go wider but I don't think that should make a difference as far as tire choice is concerned.
I also wont be driving much when the road is wet, and I don't want to get track tires either, thats a whole different story.

So, how have your experiences been with the tires you all have gotten? What should I consider/stay away from, and if I'm going lower, should I be too worried about the way tirewall will affect rubbing (Obviously I should, but what are the ones to really be wary of) ?

Also, quick note, I know there are plenty of threads out there on what to get, but I was looking for a more detailed review on why I should get what's being suggested in terms of road/performance feel. When the time comes for lowering/wheels Ill do my own research on what wont rub. The wheel/lowering combo is more specific in that regard and is a matter of calculating what will/wont work.