03-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
You can use combinations of camber plate, camber bolt, and offset to achieve desired effect. Any combinations of 2 out of the 3 will get you pretty darn close without rub. But there's no real way to tell unless you've already got the springs in.

I'm running GroundControl coil overs with linear springs up front and small spring collar. I'm also squared at 275 all around using 4 rear OEM MZ4 rims at 30mm offset, but I've got camber bolts underneath that brings the outside of the wheel away from the fender lip and I've also got about -3.5º of camber. Camber alone won't do it. The camber bolts (move wheel closer to strut) in conjunction with low offset (move wheel away from strut) results in maximum clearance in minimum amount of space.

With camber plates alone, you may be able to get away with higher offset wheels up front. As is right now, I'm fully "squared up" in that I can rotate the front to rear at will to extend the life of my tires. If the offsets are different front to rear that may not be a possibility.
Do you think the 275 tires are pinched too much on the 9" wheels? Also are you running 35 or 40 profile tires? No spacers at all?
Appreciate 0