View Single Post
      11-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
krannerd
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0

First Post - Replacing RFTs

Have tried to absorb all of the wisdom here and just a few questions that I'm not 100% sure on.

I've got a 2004 Z4 3.0 (in beautiful black sapphire metallic)...30k miles and it is TIME to replace the runflats. I'm in Phoenix (where it was 90 yesterday)...we never really get below about 40 for more than a few hours...and it does not snow (ever). I'm a spirited driver, but do not track the car at all. This is my daily driver.

Can I stick with summer tires all year long?
--I've had summer tires on the car for 4 years and no real problems (but I'm safety minded). Leaning towards all season, but would like a comfortable ride and reasonable performance. The car has seen 1 hour of snow when in Tucson 2 years ago..and the summer tires were OK if driven cautiously.

If I opt for all season tires that are non-RFT...I'll still notice performance and comfort gains, right?
--I'd think that I would see performance and comfort gains between RFT summer tires and all season non-RFTs.

Is the performance difference really THAT great between the Top 5 All Season tires?
--Based on tirerack.com surveys and reviews....its seems like most of the top tier tires are pretty similar and you'd have to really pay attention/mesure things daily to quantify a difference in the real world.

As for tire selection...I'd like Yoko Advan S4's (but they're a little pricier than I'd like). So, looking at Goodyear F1 A/S based on price and tirerack.com reviews (as well as discounttire.com reviews).

Just looking to know if I've answered all of my properly...all feedback is welcomed.
Appreciate 0