View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesz4mc View Post
I doubt they would good-will replacment if there are no issues with them. It is the vanos tabs and the cam gear bolts. Easy to see if you are in there looking and check each tab as you rotate the motor for valve adjustment.

If I were you I would spend the 4 hours it takes to do it yourself. Replace all the shims and you will be suprised how much the car picks up after getting it done. The dealer is only going to check max clearance and not replace anything in spec.

Every tiny bit of material worn off your shims means your cams do not come off-seat as soon as with new shims. All cars performance starts as soon as the valve comes of seat so the tiny bit sooner the better!

Thats why I think they need to make a half step kit for doing valves, it would increase top end power by 20hp NA I am betting. The current shims are either fit or dont fit and 1 step is the entire adjustment of the assembly. So if you can only get to middle ground on a valve it is not making full power!
Are you talking abbout the shims which are used during the valve adjustment? If so, the car is being worked on right now at the dealer, for the valve adjustment, and I'd be very hesitant to un-do what they did (and what I paid for)