View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #17
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I've modded every car I've ever owned, usually with aftermarket wheels and tires, intake and exhaust systems, and shocks and springs, going back as far as the 1974 Celica GT that I bought new. I've always saved all of the OEM parts for all the reasons stated above.

On my last car, a 2000 S2000 which I kept for 13 years, the stock exhaust hung in my garage suspended from hooks for 12.5 years. The neighbor who bought the car brought his brother and the two of them walked it over to his house. They also got the stock airbox, front sway bar, and 16" wheels.

When I bought my Z4M the original owner had installed H&R Sport Springs but no longer had the OEM springs. I bought a set from someone here just in case I ever want to take it back to stock.

I've seen people cut the stock exhausts off cars and dump them in the trash when they install an aftermarket exhaust. It always seemed like such a waste to me. Someone, somewhere, probably ends up paying big bucks for a stock exhaust system to restore his car 25-30 years later.

Appreciate 0