RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle ///M View Post
That's kinda what I'm looking for, loud when you want it to be but tame for cruising, though I don't have plans for headers. I've got an e36 m3 with a resonator delete and a uuc Corsa exhaust and it screams but is just quiet enough for a DD.

I know drone is subjective, but do you experience any noticable drone or does most of it go away once broken in? I imagine RPI on a stock Z4M would be fine for a DD. The suspersprint race cans I have now sound like what I would expect remus to sound like.
Can't give you my opinion on how the RPI's will sound without catless headers because I've never heard them other than youtube but i'm guessing they're still loud.

I can't believe you're saying that about SS! Again, never heard them myself but everyone here brags about their sound with SS. There was noticeable drone new and now that they're broken in but quite honestly, I NEVER focus on the drone simply because I enjoy the car 10x more than before. It's like all I do now when I drive the car is open up my ears to hear the nice sound. I know there's drone around 3k, but it doesn't bother me one bit.
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0