View Single Post
      12-29-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
tecnicaeleven
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Cooper S / 07 M Roadster

I think I know the reason why.

This car is hard to drive.....

Now stay with me, I own one. But I also own a few others. The wife drives an Audi TT VR6 (Audi's R32) and I daily an Audi S8. We also have a Cooper Turbo. All of these cars are much much easier to drive than the M-roadster. The M cars' steering is heavy. It takes bumps hard. Its throttle is sharp (and sport mode is undriveable in stop and go city driving). Its loud and brash. And, finally, it sits like a motorcycle. HOWEVER... its fun. It handles like nothing else I've had stock and it puts a smile on my face. That is why I own it. Trips around town, top down, kicking the ass end around corners. Happy. But, I drive 94 miles in my round trip commute each day. I promise you, the Z4M is quite possible the worst car I've own to make that drive. You beg for the S8 after 30 miles or so. Even the TT and Cooper are easily dailies if you want them to be and the are. Light steering, easy shifting, good enough handling, quick pacing and mildly comfortable.

Its the price though. A Lotus Exige is in the same catagory imo. A streetable but really track car. But with the price of the Exige, its purely a track toy for the affluent. With the price of the Z4M in the 20's, it becomes realm for alot of people. I'd assume alot of people whom make this their only car. And when they drive it for a while, realize its a better track runner than jogger, they part with the car through no fault its own, because not being what it isn't. This leads to this car really not having a home for price and not having consistent owners.

Well I Mark Twain'd the hell out of that thought

Last edited by tecnicaeleven; 12-29-2016 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 1