View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #93
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski View Post
The Solo does not use segments for the predictive times. It does them based on start/finish only. Other AIM products and other loggers use predefined segments to determine predictive times. The SOLO's only segmenting is done in RS2. The actual unit does not have any segments in it.

The location of the segments should be before braking zones so that a small difference in braking doesn't ruin the segments. This can make a big difference in your segment analysis.
Thanks for clarifyin, Matt. So, if I understand, while segmnets won't affect the Solo's predictive lap times, in RS2 we want "quality" segments for analysis in the Split Report view? And, do we want to start a segment BEFORE the braking zone so that braking is inclusive in the segment, or do we want the segment to start AFTER the braking zone, so that the braking is included in at the end of the prior segment? Or, do we want major braking zones segregated and excluded from all of the corner/corner or corner/straight segments?

I was probably somewhat inconsistent with where the braking zones were located in the VIR segment map that I sent you, so I'll re-work it based on your input.

Thanks!!!!