06-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #11
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Hack,
I had already ordered the kit, but sent an email to the guys at Turner letting them know that their kit works on the E86 (per you) but they just sent me an email back stating that it would in fact not work...

Could you shed some light on this and/or possibly take pictures of your completed work so I can make sure my alignment shop knows what they're doing?

Thanks!
It doesn't work for the E86. It works ONLY for the E86 M. The M shares the same front suspension design with the E36 M3 and Z3 M. I think that's where the confusion is coming from, they assume that you have a Z4 3.0Si Coupe, which the camber bolts WILL NOT work on. But it does work on the M.

Be careful installing the bolt, it is fairly easy to cross thread when starting it since you need to have the hole on the strut line up perfectly with the hole on the king-pin, if not it'll start turning and in a couple of turns it'll be cross threaded. If you feel resistance in installing it in the first few turns, back it out immediately. It also takes about 90 ft-lbs to tighten if I recall.
Appreciate 0