05-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
-1.85 degree of negative camber won't do you much good wrt wearing out the outside edge on autocross. You need at least 2.5 degrees, 3.0 would be ideal on stock suspension and on a lowered car with uprated swaybars and sticky tires, as much as you can stomach (I've seen guys run 5 degrees of negative camber).

If you don't want to get camber plates (for rule reasons, if they're not allowed), you can install camber bolts on the bottom of the MZ4 front strut to increase camber. Turner Motorsports sells them:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TSU3690036

Yes it says E36/Z3 but it works on the MZ4. Trust me. Each washer will get you about another 0.5 degrees of additional negative camber, I'm running 2 washers with the strut pushed out to get to about -2.5 degrees for a dual purpose MZ4 Coupe. Will eventually get camber plates, but for now this solution will suffice.
Thanks for the info on the camber bolts, I've been wanting to push mine out more without doing anything real drastic to the suspension. The numbers I listed were the best I could come up with for a completely stock suspension...