View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #89
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysV10 View Post
So I got the new "OEM" rotors and PFC06 pads installed on all four corners. Bedded in the new rotors and pads, pads squeal like a stuck pig, do you guys get that as well? Decided to give the Solo gear calibration another try and bingo. I guess when I tried before I wasn't getting into sixth gear long enough so I guess third time was the charm. Hopefully all set for the 18th for some open lapping on full course. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Since it's open lapping will even be able to give the GF some rides along on some hot laps.
Yep, my PFC 06s were very noisy without heat in them. They were even noisy during the whole session where we did the leapfrog and off-line exercises at the October school, when taking it a little easy. (Well, at least I was taking it easy--you and the ZR1, not so much!) Didn't notice any noise on hot laps, where they were pretty amazing compared to the OEs, so maybe noise is a good warning that they aren't in their sweet spot.

Let us know how thw 18th goes. Have you had a chance to look at your data from teh other weekend, and find areas to focus on?