View Single Post
      10-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #7
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

The tire on the rim now is a 275. Rears are 10" wide with an offset of et19. The rubber is finished right down to the metal strands by the PO. I haven't decided on rubbers yet.

The guy I'm using to refinish them says these two piece can sometimes be a bear to refinish. Pulling the two parts apart may require heat and there's risk of them snapping apart if you're not careful (that would make me cry). Loc tite material in the barrels has to be very carefully cleaned/removed which takes time and lot of q-tips with the right "guck" remover. Then you have to be careful when re-torquing them back together as well. New hardware from OZ highly recommended as the old threads are stretched when these are assembled at the factory. Little details is that the hardware is all stamped with OZ. He said we must rebuild it with the correct hardware (of course) to maintain the originality of the set. Love it. This guy is HUGE on the details which is what I wanted. Right now we're searching for the OZ tool to remove the hardware. The re-finisher said he may have it but he's not 100% sure until he has the rims in hand. I'm having the tires removed this week by a friend of mine.

So, re-finishing wise, I want to go with a polished set of barrels and something similar to a gunmetal center I think. Mind you, I'm not 100% decided yet. The Z4 is red. Considering options. Gold anything is out though!! And I don't think I want to go with red centers that match the factory paint. I think I need to spend some time on the internet to see what's current.
Appreciate 0