View Single Post
      08-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
GG
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Wanted to thank you guys for the support.

I went MIA for a few weeks there because I was waiting to her back.
She came back with the ESS supercharger/flash chip/painted calipers / and a few black-ing out details ( defeminizing)
I capped off those ugly eye ball blinkers and the orange lenses..You can see in the pic’s.
itdnwiwbp: I don’t know about the emissions deal I guess I will see come time renew the registration and if a smog is required..if it’s a issue I will most likely do coil over etc and use her as a track car..My daily driver is a 1988 Toyota 22re regular cab pickup..
Guys here me on this!
HG Motorsports did the work and install..what a cool bunch of guys..they were just champions..gave me updates sent pictures etc.. I can’t say enough good things about them..if you are in LA or SD and thinking about having something done they are the guys to do it IMO. Chris and Blake from HG Motorsports and Roman from ESS are all great guys!

The 285’s on those Forged 19’s worked with just a lip roll and shaving just a little inside ..I can’t hear any more road noise than I remember before, so it must have been minimum, no camber, and no coil over needed.
If any of you are thinking about the ESS SC what I can tell you is ….it just feels right. ..Smooth daily driving no problem.. Plenty of additional power and feels like something the engine always wanted/needed.
As for my redline issues:: I have about 20 more miles to go to break the SC in.. we will have to see.
I took it up hill on Mt Soledad this evening( itdnwiwbp you know the hill) in 3rd at about 2,500 RPM and got on it up to 4k RPM..its pulling like my 2002 M5 used to in 4th at around 6k ..What lies above 4k RPM who knows..but this far I am very impressed with the extra power and pull ..
Also the winding sound the SC makes becomes like music to the ears..Its audible, yet not annoying and in a way relaxing also..I have done about 30 miles just putting around and with the SC have developed a new appreciation for the car.

Again want to thank you guys for suggestions re the 285’s ..

New pic’s uploaded because the visual component to this board makes it just that much nicer IMO.
PS: Mt Acadia Blvd in Bay Park (Tecolote Golf course) is a canyon road Down and UP ..and has a great corner smack at the bottom.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0