View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #27
34eak04
Rep
Drives: M z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
So...living and driving in San Francisco with the wonderfully torn up streets, the harshness of the stock suspension was killing me...and people actually didn't want to ride in my car after a while because of how harsh the ride was in the city. On top of that, I feel like the stock height of the M coupe was sitting just a tad bit high, and the gap between the fender and tire just wasn't to my liking.

After looking at all the options from coil-overs to separate spring and stock setups, I decided to go with the Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein HD setup. I wanted something that slightly lowered the car, but not too low because of all the driveways and parking lots I have to go in and out of here, and I wanted to keep the firm ride but get rid of the harshness whenever my car approached anything that wasn't a smooth surface.

Well I got it installed last night, so this post will just be initial impressions, and I'll make sure to update it after a few weeks and/or few hundred miles of driving. All I can say is WOW, this was exactly what I was looking for! The ride is still firm, the harshness has gone away, the car just feels more balanced on turn in, and everything just feels more planted. Of course the ride height looks sweet now, but I'll have to report back after I try to go in and out of a few driveways here to see if I start scraping plastic bits.

Thanks to Mike (dorifto88) for the deal on the springs and to Turner Motorsport for the Bilsteins!
i have 2007 m coupe and i am very upset about car's stiffness and roads are here in istanbul are too bumpy and crappy and bad
i just ordered eicbach pro kit but havent installed them
do you have any suggestions for me ?
or did u solved the problem by buying bilstein hd and eicbach pro kit ?
Appreciate 0