View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

The part came in today and I installed it on my car tonight. Before I installed it, I checked the part number against the one that came out of the car and the Bosch replacement part had the exact same number as the BMW part. The only difference is I found the Bosch part for half the price of the dealer/BMW part.

While the engine in our car is very accessable, some of the O2 sensors are not. The one I had to replace is the pre-cat bank 2 sensor and it was difficult to get to from both above and below. I finally was able to get it out from above using 3 different extensions on the O2 sensor socket. After I got the new one in and put everything together, the engine fired up and ran very smoothly. I let it run for 2 x 3 minute intervals and then took it on a 10 minute drive. Then I checked the engine codes and got NO FAULTS FOUND It sure is nice having the Bavarian Technic tool to help with diagnosing problems on our cars.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0