View Single Post
      06-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

First impressions.

I was hesitant at first. I did not want to lose drivability to gain power. I was also concerned about elevated engine temps leading to premature engine ware. I spent a lot of time researching ESS through their website and forums like this. After a great deal of consideration, I decided to take the plunge.

First impressions:
First of all, I have only put 300 miles the kit so far. This has all been back road and street driving, no track time.
Overall I am very impressed with the kit. The installation is very clean and the kit looks good.

Driving is next level. The kit performs better than I anticipated. The M is much faster through the gears, and there is no power fade or hesitation @ the top end. Awesome!! The power is always there underfoot and the car just gets up to speed faster. With the power gain, I do not seem to have lost any of the coupes drivability. What I mean by this is that I am not just spinning the tires everywhere; the power band is still very smooth like stock. Don’t get me wrong, if you want to “over drive” you cna still push the tail of this thing all over the place.

The M has also been running about 10 degrees cooler than usual, and my gas mileage is averaging 20.8 when it used to be 20.5.

So to this point, I am getting what I was looking for out of the ESS kit. More power, safe engine temps, and a blast to drive.

Last edited by crfine88; 07-01-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0