View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
( like is bolt through a good thing or a bad thing ? )
Bolt through is stiff as hell. the mounts that have them (AKG - MTS36MM) are also shore 75D stiffness. That is also hard as rock (like really hard plastic)

Quote:
Rubber VS Urethane VS Polyurethane ?
Urethane is the same as polyurethane (or poly for short)

Here in europe we also have suppliers that make polyurethane motor/transmission mounts of different design than the bmw style design, like this

[motormount; there are multiple suppliers here that use this same design]

same style on transmission mount:

For a transmission mount you can also use a generic $2 vibration dampener in the size of the bmw transmission mount. They are generally much stiffer than the bmw mounts (those are really soft; there isnt much weight on them, maybe 5kg per mount)

I'm on vibra technics road mounts, and I wouldnt go any stiffer for a car that is mostly driven on public roads.
For a track car thats obviously now issue.

This is an interesting thread for you:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234185
Particular this bit:

Quote:
NHV? You betcha!
When I put the VT mounts in, there was the slightest vibration at idle. Nothing noticeable at higher revs.
With the BW there's pretty healthy massage action at idle.
More than just a massage. It's like there's a boom in the trunk jammin' Ess-Fiddy-Fo's greatest hits.
Above 1k the vibe goes away, but up around 3k I can hear more of the whirly bits in the engine.
So there is definately a wide range of stiffness between the various mounts.
I'm pretty sure that a shore 75d bolt through mount is even way way more stiffer than the mounts he has now
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-23-2017 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
JJZ4MR30.00