View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Motor Mount choices, need some help

I'm going to have my local indie do the CDV, CPV, engine and tranny mounts all at once. I'm pretty set on RE for the tranny mount for $ 60. BUT I'm sorta confused at all the options for something as simple as a motor mount. Here's my summation starting with most expensive and highlights as stated in info, some of which gets very detailed like Rogue Engineering/Turner and others have almost no detail at all.

Turnermotorsport- Factory BMW 11812224413nKT "N" group - $800 solidrubber/30%+stf

Rouge Engineering - $380 Iso mounting plates/antirotational tabs/NOT bolt thru

Turnermotorsport-Factory BMW 11812224413N "N" group - $347 solid rubber/30%+stiff

Vibra Technics- $ 325 Seem like many of you like and use

Bavarian - Factory BMW $ 236

Pelican Parts - UUC Motorwerks Racing Urethane $ 215

Bimmer World - $200 solid design

AKG - MTS36MM - $150 US Military Spec 75 D polyurethane/bolt through

All the rest are around $ 130 Including - Hamburg Technic/Cortecc/Lamfoeder, then on Ebay you can find them for around $ 60 as set, with no name or info

Can anyone please help with some knowledge ( like is bolt through a good thing or a bad thing ? ) Rubber VS Urethane VS Polyurethane ?

I'm OK with spending to get better performance, but this is a huge range in price, for a " basic " component.

My needs are for occasional AutoX, perhaps HPDE in the next year, but basically I want the drivetrain nice and solid/smooth. No flexing, all the power to the ground, smoother more consistent shifting. I'm OK with a reasonable amount of NVH when cold/<1,000 RPM