04-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #43
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Good to know, thanks! On the rear, with the 18 x 10 ET 25 and just to confirm, it's a tire rubbing issue given the NT01s dimensions, etc., not the wheel itself, correct? There's an APEX 18 x 9.5 ET 22 out now, and if the 10s (wheel itself) rubs, I might consider those over the 10s (they're a pound lighter too).

The NT01s like a lot of camber too IIRC. -4 up front might be a bit much for Star Specs or NT05s I think and -2.5 to -3.0 might be a better setting given those tires, yes?
I think it's likely the tire, the NT01s seems to run VERY wide. It's VERY minimumal rubbing on the rears, as in the slight 1/2 lip on the fender is rubbing down the sidewall, but nothing were it's cutting it. A few passes with the fender roller should do the trick. On my street HRE wheels I run a 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 NT05 with absolute no problem.

I ran -4 up front with the NT05s for 6-8 track days and found they love the extra camber as well (I actually got 12-13k miles + 4 or so track days out of my first set of NT05s running this setup with limited toe) . If you're driving on the street, obviously go less, but for the track, these cars love front camber.