SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfm01 View Post
Very cool folks. My new stripping came today and will attempt to replace it next week. looks like starting at the end and working up and around is best. Wish me luck!
Mine also arrived today. I was hoping to lay it out in the sun on the driveway for an hour or so to get it nice and warm and soft before installing. But as you know, it's uncharacteristically cold (59*) and overcast today, so I'm going to wait for a sunny day before I proceed with installation.

Definitely lay it out across the top and get the corners matched up and then start from the top middle of the windshield. That's how all of the videos that I've watched have done it. If you start from the bottom the first corner may not line up and you'll just have to pull it out again. Or maybe you can just shift it up or down in the track.

There's a generic BMW windshield molding replacement video from BavAuto on YouTube where he uses Sonax window cleaner as a lubricant, so I'm going to try that with the window cleaner that I have. He starts installing the new trim on the driver side upper corner. He also uses plastic pry tools to get the old molding off, which is how I did it.

Last edited by SD ///M4; 05-11-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0