View Single Post
      02-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #16
minmat11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschRennfahrer
One thing I noticed is that the cable I pulled out is a 12 pin connector. The AUX cable I replaced it with is a 10 pin. It fits but there are always two standalone pins... Is this a problem?
I just got done installing this aux input on my e85. when I pulled out the radio, there were two plugs on the bottom right corner (black and white). You need to use that black 12 pin connector. take the grey plastic cover off of the aux input connector, and eject the three wires from it (you can use a small sharp object to just push them out). then you'll need to pull the black cover off of the 12-pin connector (radio) and plug in the three wires from the aux 10-pin connector. So you're technically merging you're 10-pin aux connector into the radios 12-pin connector. finally you just plug it back in, test it before you reassemble everything, and you're done! this part took me less than five minutes. getting the vents out took me the longest. here's a diagram of the slots where you're supposed to insert your aux connector's wires. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0