View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Tony, the total cost to you, if we get the 20% discount, is $682 for both front rotors without pads. The "effective cost" is $577, because they're throwing in a set of wheels studs they're valuing at $105 dollars. (Meh, but it is worth something, and having these makes changing wheels super easy.)

The real value here isn't just the discount, but the additional rotor thickness and 2mm wear factor. Turner has new stock type rotors for $524, which is a 158 dollar difference. I think OEM runs about the same price. But the RBs have 25% greater wear capacity, are slotted not drilled, and reported to be harder (denser). So actual durability may be higher than just the 25% great wear factor.

I'm getting the PU upgrade for several reasons. First, because it should have a better pedal feel. Second, swapping pads (street -> track -> street) with the stock calipers is getting old and it's a relative breeze with the PU calipers. Third, I can't lie that about the fact that they just look damn cool. Fourth, the rear PU upgrade (and rotor) will really make swapping pads on all 4 wheels a breeze, and should really improve feel.
Appreciate 0