View Single Post
      11-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
DNDN_M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
Only the 08's are 2 years old. There are some 06s and 07s around. The price is "low" because the M coupe didn't sell as well as BMW had anticipated. The 06s were immensely popular and BMW overcompensated with the production of the 07s---so much so that some people were purchasing their in 07s for low 40k's (or so i've heard).

Also, the cars are coming off lease. There are a bunch of reasons why the prices are low in comparison to say, a comparable e46 m3, but I won't go into that. I don't know about many catastrophic failures, but there are some problems that, with some mechanical know-how and elbow greese, can be easily remedied or mitigated (engine mount bolts, sway bar mount bolts, 2nd gear grind, etc...)

All in all, don't let the above problems dissuade you. As for the price being relatively low, count that as a blessing if you're in the market for one!
Thanks Esquire...I appreciate the detailed response...

The autotrader search in my area "within 100 miles" comes up with only 2....

I have no issues going further...But like others have said...Perhaps its not a bad time to start looking as they are rather difficult to find...
Appreciate 0